I have a Gibson Melody Maker, one humbucking pickup, one volume, one tone control. It was working great and then all of a sudden no sound. I have an identical guitar so I compared the wiring and they look exactly alike. I can see no problems. This is a fairly new guitar. How do I narrow down the problem? Is it the pickup or one of the controls etc.
Did you wiggle all of the controls around a bit? Sometime mine seem to catch in one spot where the signal just disappears. This happens especially with my pickup selector on my SG, though I know you don't have one of those.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
did you take off the output jack?
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"

like asked, make sure both wires are connected.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I checked all the cables etc., I'm sure it's not that. I can switch from one guitar to the other. One works, the other doesn't. All the wires are well soldered, everything looks identical inside. I've had it apart twice now and wiggled everything. It all seems to check out. Still no sound.
volume pot problem, switch problem, wire that looks connected but isnt.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011