I live in the UK, and i was wondering what you can legally carry in the USA.

Over here it is illegal to carry any knives over 1inch i believe, this includes multitools (unless you have a decent reason for carrying it, i.e work related). Batons are illegal to own, as are butterfly knives and flick knives. Obviously carrying a gun in public is out of the question.

Can you carry around knives, guns (providing you have a licence) and batons in public?
aids.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

You can legally carry a baby, if its yours...

*shifts eyes*
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I've heard that the blade of the knife can't be any longer than the width of your palm here in The Sates. I don't think butterfly knives are illegal to carry around here. My grandfather who collects them once told me quite a few laws, but of course I wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention.

EDIT:

As for guns, it's illegal to carry them around in some states. It's accepted mainly in the south and west, but I'm pretty sure it has to be in plain view. You just need a license.
Last edited by MissyxMorphine at Nov 11, 2008,
Its jurisdication by jurisdiction. In Texas you can easily carry a handgun while in California its nearly impossible.
switch blades are illegal to carry over here there not illegal to have butterflys knives i'm not soo sure on.. but i've carried around a 5 inch hawk bill knife for atleast a year.. and i never got in trouble with it... but i think you can carry a gun over here as long as you got a licence to carry it..
You can own butterfly knives but cannot carry them, normal pocket knives are not usually a problem. Guns can be carried in plain site in some states, and if you want to you can apply for a CC permit, which is concealed carry, in which case you can carry a concealed firearm pretty much anywhere. I'm not sure exactly what you need in order to be able to get one (obviously can't be a felon or anything) but my friend who is in the national guard and is going to the police academy the in fall has one, he carries his Glock 23 pretty much everywhere.
i think the basic gun laws are the same in every state

Pistols/Revolvers - You need a license and CC Permit to carry in public(sometimes required to own) (i think)

Semi Auto Rifles/Shotguns - You can just buy them i think

Assault Rifles/Automatic Weapons/Submachine Guns -I believe there illegal in most states unless you have a class II (III?) License

Big Bore Sniper Rifles (.50 Cal etc)/Large Caliber Automatic Weapons- Saftey Course for .50 cal SR, Class III (IV?) License, and some other stuff
Knives vary by state, over here in california it's fine if the blade is under 3"
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
All of the above. As long as it's not visible.

Like a pocket knife (no bigger then the palm of your hand where I live) and collapsible baton (haven't heard of any laws against batons but I know you can't just walk down the street swinging a billy club around like a cop who beats Irishmen in the early 1900's).

If you have a permit to carry a firearm, it cannot be more then a handgun and it cannot be visible.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Last edited by PaperStSoapCo at Nov 11, 2008,
No point in carrying a gun in California unless you plan on shooting animals. Even in self defense it is very difficult to get away with shooting someone here.
Quote by MissyxMorphine
I've heard that the blade of the knife can't be any longer than the width of your palm here in The Sates. I don't think butterfly knives are illegal to carry around here. My grandfather who collects them once told me quite a few laws, but of course I wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention.

EDIT:

As for guns, it's illegal to carry them around in some states. It's accepted mainly in the south and west, but I'm pretty sure it has to be in plain view. You just need a license.

The knife i think has to be shorter that 6inches. as for guns..i think long barrel can be carried as long as they are registered and have a trig lock on them. as for pistols i think it depends. If you have a conceal and carry endorsement you can have it anywhere as long as a store doesnt post a "no guns" sign. if you dont have a conceal and carry endorsement i think its the same as the long barrel...unloaded with a trig lock. of and locked in a case i think for pistols. but yeah the south and the west are pretty loose about those laws lol
Quote by Slow_N_Low
No point in carrying a gun in California unless you plan on shooting animals. Even in self defense it is very difficult to get away with shooting someone here.

I heard one cop from southern CA say that he doesn't issue concealed carry permits unless the person has already been a victim.

Take a moment and think about how dumb that is.

"Now that the damage has been done, you may carry a firearm." Or as my dad would say, "Too little, too f*cking late."
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Thanks to the NRA, you can carry a bazooka if you want.

Retards.

It's for protection!
What the hell am I supposed to do if a helicopter filled with armed gunman comes RIGHT towards me without a bazooka?! Throw a rock at it? That'll do nothing....
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Thanks to the NRA, you can carry a bazooka if you want.

Retards.

Umm, no, you cant...
It varies heavily by state. In parts of Texas you can openly carry pistols if you have the proper permits, in most states you can conceal a pistol if you have a permit. The knife laws very quite a large amount too.

Here any knife thats smaller then 5 inches is perfectly fine, except for switchblades, but switches are allowed in a few states. Even if its over 5 inches, you arent really going to get into any trouble for it as long as you arent brandishing it around, you can ust legally get questioned about it. I'm from a hunting state, so the laws are a tad less strict.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Quote by C/ruel
It varies heavily by state. In parts of Texas you can openly carry pistols if you have the proper permits, in most states you can conceal a pistol if you have a permit. The knife laws very quite a large amount too.

In Texas, teachers can take pistols to school with them as long as theyre hidden. Some serious BS.

But I live in FL so im used to guns and rednecks and the like.
love is love // return to dust