Page 1 of 4
Hey, my roommate read the book Twilight (he's a guy). Now that the movie is coming out soon, he wants me to read it as well so he'll know someone else who has read the book and can see the movie with. I've heard that the book is dumb, but I don't know much about it and haven't researched it much. Has anyone here read it? Is it a good book? Should I read it? Or just make fun of him? I've heard it's a really dumb book.
This girl I was talking to stop talking to me once she started reading the book. Haven't heard from her for 2 weeks Pretty sure its good, because something has to be really good to blow me off.
remember Harry Potter?

yeah, same thing.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
its kinda a chick book. for girls who have a thing for british people and vampires
Quote by gun4hire
its kinda a chick book. for girls who have a thing for british people and vampires

Sums up the fad theory
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Make fun of him to no end. This book is definitely a chick book.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
I've only seen a select few of guys read it, and they are all openly gay. My ex read it, and shortly after came out XD.
I've read it, and I find Meyer's writing pretty mediocre and the movie seems to be the same quality. I mean, in one of the books, there were spelling mistakes and grammatical errors! But besides the terrible editing, Meyer is just not an excellent writer. She's just good at thinking up plots and catching the attention of teenage girls.
Quote by thelurker
He's Not Even A Real Vampire!! The Sunlight Would Kill Him If He Was Real Vampire!!!

What,you think you're clever?
Damn inappropriate consistent usage of capitals.
Corona Corona
I'm gonna read just because I can, it seems ok, I mean, it's just a book for cryin out loud.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

All my friends want me to read it... but all I ever read is Guitar World/Total Guitar. If I want something that has to do with vampires, Ill listen to Deadnight Warrior (Children of Bodom)

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
It's a boring, cliche, teenage girl book, but being about vampires gave it this cvlt, dark edge, so everybody loves it.

The writing's atrocious, and the plot is something you could find in any book marketed towards teenage girls.

I might see the movie though, because vampires are badass no matter what.
I read it and I liked it fine, until the 3rd book. Then I got bored and stopped.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by MissyxMorphine
I've only seen a select few of guys read it, and they are all openly gay. My ex read it, and shortly after came out XD.
I've read it, and I find Meyer's writing pretty mediocre and the movie seems to be the same quality. I mean, in one of the books, there were spelling mistakes and grammatical errors! But besides the terrible editing, Meyer is just not an excellent writer. She's just good at thinking up plots and catching the attention of teenage girls.

That summed it up. And yeah, it's a chick book. However, after I read it, I didn't become gay.
I heard it was a good book from one of my friends. I don't understand why you would read the book just to see the movie. Sounds like your friend wants to complain, and everyone knows that once you read the book you get to bitch endlessly about how much worse the movie was.
From what I've heard, Twilight is a movie you'd bring your girlfriend to.

Am I missing out on something there then?
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
FAGSSS

this book stole me CS name.

Seductive vampires in relationships with mortal women is cliche and predictable. Vampires suck (well, everyone story/movie I've seen with vampires in it, I didn't like them.)
Quote by RyanGillam
something has to be really good to blow me off.

Oh you and your high standards.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Stephanie Meyer writes her books as though she were writing fanfics.

Don't do it, and spare yourself your manhood.
"My idea is that there is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require." - Edward Elgar
So, main character is a vampire, yet he's a romanticist? What ever happened to the days when vampire books and movies involved them sucking blood and terrorizing people for the fun of it? Now they go to raves in shitty movies and are romantics in novels.
My favorite book, read it in 11 hours. I could not put it down. At least give it a try!
"It's fun until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious."
Quote by americnidiot
So, main character is a vampire, yet he's a romanticist? What ever happened to the days when vampire books and movies involved them sucking blood and terrorizing people for the fun of it? Now they go to raves in shitty movies and are romantics in novels.

exactly. I didn't love the movie 30 days of nigh, but at least the vampires were badass. No mercy, kill em all, including pretty women.
Cool, well based on all this I don't think I'm going to read it then. I might still consider it if I had a shitload of free time, but I'm a relatively busy person. I shall skip this cult, and continue my quest for the perfect Harvest Moon 64 game.
Quote by KwikKopy
Cool, well based on all this I don't think I'm going to read it then. I might still consider it if I had a shitload of free time, but I'm a relatively busy person. I shall skip this cult, and continue my quest for the perfect Harvest Moon 64 game.

Look. The bottom line is that there are better written, more important pieces of literature out there. Don't waste your time on this crap. It really is written for girls. That's why the main character is such a perfect romantic. Talk to any girl who reads Twilight. They drool over him. If you're dating a girl who reads them, all she'll do is compare you to this fictional character. Your relationship will fail as a result. No matter how hard you try you can't hold your own against the high standards set by ****ing fictional character. Trust me. I've seen it happen. It happened to my roommate.
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.
I had never heard of this book till about 3 weeks ago
Now it seems to be everywhere

I might read it to be honest, even if it is a chicks book I'll atleast attempt to read to see what all the fuss is about
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Quote by barb3rman
Look. The bottom line is that there are better written, more important pieces of literature out there. Don't waste your time on this crap. It really is written for girls. That's why the main character is such a perfect romantic. Talk to any girl who reads Twilight. They drool over him. If you're dating a girl who reads them, all she'll do is compare you to this fictional character. Your relationship will fail as a result. No matter how hard you try you can't hold your own against the high standards set by ****ing fictional character. Trust me. I've seen it happen. It happened to my roommate.

I did like the books tbh, but I have to agree with you. It's quite silly that so many girls drool over someone that isn't real. But I am taking a female interest to see the movie so whatever.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
Quote by barb3rman

I wouldn't go that far. My girlfriend is like.. obsessed with this book/movie, but doesn't go far enough to compare me to the characters/break up with me for not being a vampire.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I'm reading it

A few people recommended it at school. Even the vice principle read the whole series and he was in the the army. Total beast guy reading Twilight.

You can tell the story was written more for girls, but it's not that bad so far.
Don't read it. It sucks and should not even have been published.

A guy friend of mine read it and now I just can't picture him going out with anyone other than another guy. So yeah, Twilight pretty much screams "GAY!" for guys. Reading it is like metaphorically castrating yourself.
HeartGold FC: 4340 7508 2259
Black FC: 5114 4986 4432
I believe my English teacher gives the perfect summary for it which is "sexy vampire novels for teenage girls" so unless you fit those qualities I wouldn't read it. A friend of mine who is forced to read because of his girlfriend is reading it and I can't help but laugh at him when I see him with it.
Meh, I read it, found it a pretty decent read. Yeah, I'm straight, no, not the best book EVAR, but occupies some time, and gives you the right to throw things at the screen/ smack someone in the back of the head with it. Has some vampire action, none too graphic though. It is geared towards teenage girls, but whatever, if you're secure enough with your manhood, go ahead read it. If nothing, it will gain you some "sensativity" points with any girls that see you read it.

tl;dr: yeah, girl book, but it's a pretty decent time-occupier.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
I know a few guys that read it.

I wish to slap them.
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
A guy I know read it. He said he only read it because of the vampire fight scene. Then he told me that was only like 10 pages of a 500 page book.

I'm beginning to question his orientation.
Page 1 of 4