I'm torn between getting the Stiletto Custom 4 and the Hellraiser 4... The overall opinion I see is that the Custom 4 is generally a better bass. Is there a solid reason why?

What I see from cold hard specs is that the Hellraiser looks better and has more features. I understand, however, that this does not in any way describe how one might feel over the other.

Any opinions?
Never played either but I have a Schecter c4 and I love it. I doubt you could go wrong with either one. I think the Hellraiser 4 is relatively new but from the looks of it seems like an awesome bass.... Most likely will come down to personal preference and how you think they both feel.
wow, small world... just picked up a used stiletto elite 5 string for $380... extremely nice bass... the stilettos series are very well made and sound great
Whatever you do, get new strings, shecter ones are horrible.
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
I love my Stiletto. 4 string Elite.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Could you post a link to the Hellraiser? I've never seen one.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
They seem to be equal....play both and see what you think. Some models feel totally different even though they're the same brand with similar features......
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
They seem to be equal....play both and see what you think. Some models feel totally different even though they're the same brand with similar features......

If I could I wouldn't be making a post

The problem is I can't really play both... Hellraisers are nowhere to be found around here.
I'm gonna suggest that you pick up a used Elite or Studio. They can be found fairly easy for less than $600. I paid $434 for my Studio. If I ever choose to sell it, I'll be able to make a good $150 without too much trouble. The Studio has a 3 band EQ and an (IMO) better neck finish. The Elite has a better bridge, but a 2 band EQ and a really sticky neck finish.
i would go with the hellraiser
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
i would go with the hellraiser

Thanks for the responses guys, but again, why?
hellraisers feel cheap to me. and the stiletto body balances better.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I own a schecter stilleto studio-4. I loved it at first. I still love the neck. Never played such a nice neck other than my 91 MIJ ibanez. I just stopped loving the tone. Everytime I tried to get rid of some punch and go for a smooth tone it got muddy. Might have been my equipment at the time. But make sure you check it for the kind of versatility you want. The EMG-Hz's have a great punchy tone. great for heavey metal or punk or anything not mellow.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I tried a Stiletto Studio-5 at a GC once and they're really great. I thought it was pretty easy to shape the tone on it.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
If you can't find a Hellraiser then play a Stiletto. You might eliminate it and save yourself some grief. I myself have loved every Stiletto that's I've played and I own an Elite and I played one I've never seen before a few days ago. It was like 250$ but it still felt great, I actually used it to test out a future amp.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls