If anyone is interested and has power tab, feel free to check out these compositions i came up with for my band. I would truly appreciate criticism. It's what I need. I am a guitar player so I composed the guitars and bass and yes, I can play all of these.

I've made a few powertab contributions on the site for The Faceless, Nile, Decapitated, and Bloodbath. (although a couple of them were submitted before I registered)

We want to do death metal vocals and drums for these songs, so try and hear some of that when you are listening to these (except for the clean song, that won't have any vocals or drums). Some of the songs have a more progressive feel. I would recommend using headphones if you are on a laptop.

Tab 1
Tab 2
Tab 3
Tab 4
Tab 5
In tab 1, I really dig alot of the riffs. I sense alot of Necrophagist influence in it, especially the solo. Which is always good.

Tab 2 was awesome as well. It's good to see that your talents aren't just limited to brutal/tech death metal. I really enjoyed this piece. Very well written.

Tab 3 I didn't really care for too much. I thought it was fairly repetitive, the riffs weren't nearly as strong as the riffs in tab 1. There was nothing that really stood out.

Tab 4 started out fairly weak. I didn't care too much for the intro riff, but it quickly got ALOT better when the harmonized/lead section came about. And everything after that was good as well. I'd like to see this one completed.

Tab 5 was really good. But, it got really weak around measure 31 but quickly picked up with that riff before the clean section. The clean section was done nicely, and lead nicely into the riff after that which I was quite fond of. The triplets following that I didn't care for too much. Though, when the leads came in over that I enjoyed, I just think you could have cut out 5 or 6 repeats. It's a good riff, but not when played 10 times.

Overall, you have a ton of talent in songwriting. It's quite easy to pick out your influences, but at the same time it doesn't sound like you just grabbed a song right off their CD. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more of your/your band's songs.

If you get a chance, crit my work in progress? (Also powertab. Cheers to seeing another Powertab user. Seems the world has moved on to GP5, which I personally can't stand)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995328
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
Quote by Nunwhxre 666
In tab 1, I really dig alot of the riffs. I sense alot of Necrophagist influence in it, especially the solo. Which is always good.

Tab 2 was awesome as well. It's good to see that your talents aren't just limited to brutal/tech death metal. I really enjoyed this piece. Very well written.

Tab 3 I didn't really care for too much. I thought it was fairly repetitive, the riffs weren't nearly as strong as the riffs in tab 1. There was nothing that really stood out.

Tab 4 started out fairly weak. I didn't care too much for the intro riff, but it quickly got ALOT better when the harmonized/lead section came about. And everything after that was good as well. I'd like to see this one completed.

Tab 5 was really good. But, it got really weak around measure 31 but quickly picked up with that riff before the clean section. The clean section was done nicely, and lead nicely into the riff after that which I was quite fond of. The triplets following that I didn't care for too much. Though, when the leads came in over that I enjoyed, I just think you could have cut out 5 or 6 repeats. It's a good riff, but not when played 10 times.

Overall, you have a ton of talent in songwriting. It's quite easy to pick out your influences, but at the same time it doesn't sound like you just grabbed a song right off their CD. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more of your/your band's songs.

If you get a chance, crit my work in progress? (Also powertab. Cheers to seeing another Powertab user. Seems the world has moved on to GP5, which I pesonally can't stand)

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995328

Thanks man I really appreciate it. I think the weak aspects you pointed out were sort of the same weaknesses that I could see. On another note, when my drummer and I play that 3rd tab, it's all about just kickin some ass haha. Headbangin, fast DM drums, you know.

But I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post the critique of your tab on here or not, kinda new to this, BUT

I thought the piece had a very cool clean guitar pattern, however I think the leads/main melody could be altered to be a little more original. That's what I always try to do. Just make it sound as original as possible, without making it sound rediculous, haha. I also wasn't really that fond of the full measure of sixteenth notes on the end of the harmonized melodies.

But yeah, it's got a good feel to it. Like the bass a lot. Not really my cup of tea but still I think it has great potential. Might want to try adding some different time sigs every once in a while. Unless of course that's not your thing.

So I guess the main message I'm trying to hammer in is "originality, originality, originality". Haha. Sorry if I seem like I'm being harsh, I can see you know what you are doing.

Also, glad you don't like Guitar Pro either, shit sucks.
Lol, you were supposed to post it in my topic, but it's all good.

But, yeah. I see what you mean about tab 3. It makes sense. It's an OVERALL song rather than a guitar driven song.

But, thanks for the crit. If you can, I just updated it and added sections. I'd really appreciate if you checked it out.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!