after talking about my new amp in another thread it made me realize i need to decide what speakers i want for my amp

i play mainly classick rock but the tones that i truly want to nail are rhcp, hendrix, led zeppelin, phish, pink floyd, gnr, and the who

what are the best speakers for me. im getting a splawn slant 4x12 and i was originally gonna go with big block speakers. but then i found out that i could get an X pattern of bb's and sb25s (http://www.splawnguitars.com/cabs.htm). i've heard that both of these speakers are great for classic rock tones

so should i get the bb's (which are just like celestion g12h30's) or the sb25's(which are exactly like greenbacks). or should i get the x pattern?

some other things i want to consider is which would give me more head room, which speakers break up better.

edit:

just realized this should be in the speaker thread, my bad

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

well i think both will sound excellent!!..thats a monster rig!

but if it were me..i would go with the green backs

ya lucky bastard!
after reading why g12h30's (which was apparantly because people with 100watt plexis kept blowing out the greenbacks) i think im gonna go with them lol.

who knows maybe i'll buy a 2x12 with a mix of them from avatar in the future cuz carrying around a 4x12 is gonna suck

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

A 100 watt plexi will blow out a quad of g12h30s.

If you are planning on cranking a 100 watt plexi, you'll need two 4x12s unless you are planning to use an attenuator.
i'll be running my amp on the 50 watt setting, 100 watts would be insane

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe