Which would be the best buy?? obviously the roland Cube is the cheapest but i've been told the Vypyr is far superior to the cube 60 (is this right?) and the 60 seems to be quite a bit cheaper then the 75, is there a huge difference between the two and is the 75 worth it? thanks
Try them and see what you think. In the end it's probably gonna come down to preference.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
actually i think the 60 is more expensive than the 75.
moddeleers are great and all, but there still modellers.
Use the same money and buy a cheap tube amp like a BH or a crate or buys used C30 or Randall RG50, its less features and less versatility but the sound a tube amp offers is just plain better.
Quote by THEKID546
its less features and less versatility but the sound a tube amp offers is just plain better.

Play through a Line 6 HD147 or Vetta II and try saying that again...

Yes, I fail at emoticons.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
^I tried the flextone, and then i realized this is the future of amplfication in alot of aspects.

but then i plugged into a cheap crate V18 and then i realized "HHHMMMM" the flextone is just not the same for certain things.

I like cleans and that slightly overdriven sound, and for that the flextone is no substitute for me, compared to a descent tube amp. It can get close really close, but no cigar.

For the high gain stuff and alot of, how do i say, alot of rehashed typical sounds the flextone is great they all sound great, but valves will always have a place in my heart for the way they make me feel.... like i just smoked a fatty joint of some good california kush medical buds.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 11, 2008,
The Vypyr 60 is one of the tube versions and it cost more than the 75. The 30 must be what you mean. Anyway the tube Vypyrs aren't out yet but the SS ones and Roland Cubes are all goods amps. You need to try them yourself. Like Kevin said it comes down to your preference.
I've owned both and I can tell you that the Vypyr blows the Cube away. It's not even close. Play both and see for yourself, I speak the truth.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
The Vypyr 60 is one of the tube versions and it cost more than the 75. The 30 must be what you mean. Anyway the tube Vypyrs aren't out yet but the SS ones and Roland Cubes are all goods amps. You need to try them yourself. Like Kevin said it comes down to your preference.

Crap yea i meant the 30 sorry
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I've owned both and I can tell you that the Vypyr blows the Cube away. It's not even close. Play both and see for yourself, I speak the truth.

What do you think would be better? the cube 60 watt or the VYPYR 30 watt? thanks
Quote by TheEsupremacy

this FTW
but really try them yourself or maybe try the tube ideas
tubes plus pedals just werent really good for me on a budget so the vypyr plus sanpera footsitch is pretty much a perfect setup for me right now
i love it
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
I've messed with running some pedals into the Vypyr too and it works killer. MUCH better than it did with the Cube, although the Cube wasn't too bad if you used the JC Clean for the pedals and kept it on that setting. I'm telling you though the Vypyr is the go-to amp for killer tones on the cheap.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I've messed with running some pedals into the Vypyr too and it works killer. MUCH better than it did with the Cube, although the Cube wasn't too bad if you used the JC Clean for the pedals and kept it on that setting. I'm telling you though the Vypyr is the go-to amp for killer tones on the cheap.

I've ran pedals through mine too and they sounded fine. I've heard people say modelling amps don't take pedals well and I had wondered why they say that. I've never played a Cube but I think my Vypyr is great and would reccomend them to anyone.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I've ran pedals through mine too and they sounded fine. I've heard people say modelling amps don't take pedals well and I had wondered why they say that. I've never played a Cube but I think my Vypyr is great and would reccomend them to anyone.

Have you bought the USB midi cable yet? You know they have a new software revision for the Vypyr available, it's still in beta form I believe but it's getting rave reviews.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Have you bought the USB midi cable yet? You know they have a new software revision for the Vypyr available, it's still in beta form I believe but it's getting rave reviews.

I've got the 30 and it doesn't have the USB port.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I've got the 30 and it doesn't have the USB port.

That's right, I forgot.
Quote by TheEsupremacy

what?? i never heard about this software revision...what parts it for my disk came with models of Reaper and Revalver software
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/