KJ_Malice
41 IQ
ok, i made a tab on GP, but i cant upload it. how do i do that?
KJ_Malice
41 IQ
what about uploading it into one of the forum pages?
People have told me that I dont have a snowball's chance in Hell to be whatever it is I want to be. If Dante's Inferno is any example of Hell, that must mean I have a very good chance of succeeding.
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!
1,902 IQ
when you are starting a new thread, scroll down beyond the message box and there should be an option for uploading attachements
mcrgdbt
70 IQ
how long does it usually take after you submit a tab to be posted?
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God
2,503 IQ
a few days, usually. sometimes a week.

it has to be checked by the tab team.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
KJ_Malice
41 IQ
My file still wont upload. ok, here's my dilemma: I have a GP file that I want to post onto a forum page, but every time I click the "Upload" button I get a message saying that the file type is invalid. How do I convert the GP file to a type that the internet will allow, like .jpeg or something? Or should I try submitting it straight to the guitar tabs section of this site first?
People have told me that I dont have a snowball's chance in Hell to be whatever it is I want to be. If Dante's Inferno is any example of Hell, that must mean I have a very good chance of succeeding.
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!
1,902 IQ
Just out of interest, why do you want to post it onto the forum? Is it for others to use, because thats what the tab database is for.

I suggest you, check the database and see is there already a tab for the song you have tabbed, if not then upload it, If there is, and there is someone out there desperately looking for your version of the tab, then either email it to them as an attachment, or else load it to a site like www.rapidshare.com and send them the download link.

KJ_Malice
41 IQ
Actually, it was me who had asked others on the forum for the tab because there wasnt one for that song in the DB. Once one of them had toyed around w/ the song 4 a few hours, they then uploaded it onto the forum for easy access by the rest of the forum users, especially me. once I got my hands on it, i made a bass tab 4 it, because the original tab's maker hadnt added it in. now that I have the tab pretty much as good as i can do, i wanted 2 share it w/ everyone else, see what they think or how they change it if they figure out a more accurate tab than mine.
SomeoneYouKnew
UG God
2,503 IQ
Quote by KJ_Malice
Actually, it was me who had asked others on the forum for the tab because there wasnt one for that song in the DB. Once one of them had toyed around w/ the song 4 a few hours, they then uploaded it onto the forum for easy access by the rest of the forum users, especially me. once I got my hands on it, i made a bass tab 4 it, because the original tab's maker hadnt added it in. now that I have the tab pretty much as good as i can do, i wanted 2 share it w/ everyone else, see what they think or how they change it if they figure out a more accurate tab than mine.
the file was compressed into a .zip file.

use a utlilty like pkzip, or whatever to compress yours into a zip file and the upload can be directly to a post.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
shaygrover
Banned
21 IQ
how do i post images without using attachment management or a web link?
shaygrover
Banned
21 IQ
al i want to do is post a demote pic i made but it wont alow it and i dont know how to post other than attachments it will never let me post anything it always ends up being to big and when i make it smaller i grows in size of kb
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!
1,902 IQ
go to tinypic or photobucket, create an account, and upload there.

Then you have all sorts of options for resizing etc.

There are 4 differetn codes for sharing the picture. You want (what i think is the fourth one) with the tags
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!
1,902 IQ
Control Panel > Edit avatar.

At the top there shoudl be a picture displaying the image you have chosen as avatar. if there is make sure you havent checked the box next to it that says "do no use avatar"

if there is no image, then select the pic you want either online or from your own computer. Go to photobucket/tinypic again. upload the pic. resize it to avatar size(or 50x50 pixels) and then upload it to UG as your avatar

EDIT sorry for the double post