Ok i've looked at the Boss GT-10, GT-8, the Digitech GNX-4,and the Zoom G9.2tt.

Are there any other great multi effect pedals such as these (with about the same editing capabilitys) around 500$?

Im looking to buy one and i just wanna know my choices, btw i play metal and hard rock.

My setup is below in my sig.
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
Overall, they aren't worth the money. You'll get better sound quality from a good amp with a single effect pedals.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Overall, they aren't worth the money. You'll get better sound quality from a good amp with a single effect pedals.

^ Agreed. I spent tons of money in the past chasing the MFX dragon and in the end it's a total waste (thank God for the return period). Stick with single pedals man. I've had and taken back the Boss and the Zoom and they just don't cut it, trust me.
They are well worth the money. The GNX4 is best if you want the 8 Track recorder/looper and MIDI drum machine. The looper function costs you $300 for a Jamman. You can also put in a 2 Gig CF card and put hours of MP3 backing tracks. I'd suggest you add the X3 Live to your list. Also if you are in the US I see great deals on FX units on Craigslist. I picked up and X3 Live and a GNX4. Paid $225 for each. I'd give the nod to the X3 for tone, but the recorder on the GNX4 makes up for the difference. And if you work at tweaking the GNX4 can sound about as good as the X3.
They're good if you want to experiment with a cheaper multifx to learn about effects and figure out what you want, but 500 dollars for one is a HUGE waste. Now, find something like you did on CL for 200 makes sense, especially if you need all that versatility.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Unfortunately, multifxs are inherently useless. At that price, you might as well just buy single effects. If you want any suggestions, Im sure wed all be able to give some suggestions. But if you must, buy a digitech rp70 or whatever number theyre up to now. its about 70$ and should give you a good idea of what pedals you like and should buy individually in the future.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat