I just purchased a 2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (sienna sunburst).
I am after an amp, I will be just playing in small venues (coffee shop) so maybe 30w? and want to spend between $100-$250. I need to order tonight if I can so I can have it by the weekend (gig). I would like something that alows me to inpout CD/MP3 etc. Other than that I have no idea.

I play classic rock (dire straits, Eagles etc)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Last edited by pdeppeler at Nov 11, 2008,
Why'd you buy a nice guitar if you need an amp?

The only thing you're going to get that's loud enough in that price range is (maybe) a Crate V series, but it's not going to have a CD input.

30W tube is enough to gig, but not 30W solid state, it won't even get over a drummer.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by pdeppeler
I just purchased a 2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (sienna sunburst).
I am after an amp, I will be just playing in small venues (coffee shop) so maybe 30w? and want to spend between $100-$250. I need to order tonight if I can so I can have it by the weekend (gig). I would like something that alows me to inpout CD/MP3 etc. Other than that I have no idea.

I play classic rock (dire straits, Eagles etc)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Why would you blow your load on such an expensive guitar and no amp? And why would you kill the tone of such a great guitar by playing through a $100-$250 you basically jsut turned that guitar into a squire...

Also what type of music do you play?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Why would you blow your load on such an expensive guitar and no amp? And why would you kill the tone of such a great guitar by playing through a $100-$250 you basically jsut turned that guitar into a squire...

Also what type of music do you play?

So what do you suggest? Price wise?
I have an Acoustic/Electric guitar and decided to go all electric.
i just looked at the peavey vypyr and was wondering what this trans tube technology was all about
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
If its just a solo deal you're probably going to want to run your Computer through their little PA or whatever. Won't sound too good through the amp.
Ok, so far I have got suggestions:
Peavey Vypyr 30 30W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp(Black) $199
Fender Pro Jr $379

any other suggestions?
If you think I am wasting my time with one of these please let me know.
Would you buy an amp used?
What major city do you live by?

EDIT:
If you must go new.
I would get a Crate V-series for sure.
Last edited by mikemangone at Nov 11, 2008,
I would recommend a Crate V Series, it would definitely serve you better than a Vypyr for a small venue.
Especially if you have a drummer.