I was thinking of holding off on my desire for an es-335 style guitar and get one of those newer american strats going for 999 at GC

strats fit my style of music better, and the single coils sound great, but they get too tinny sometimes, so i was advised to change out the pickups to these:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Everything-Axe-Single-Coil-Set?sku=300068

i'm a humbucker dude, but i need some of that single coil bite for my type of music, and i was wondering if those pickups could help me acheive that if i install those into a strat
from what i read, it's all humbuckers crammed into single coil form, but with a bit more bite than regular humbuckers

here's a link to my band's myspace:

myspace.com/dyslexiccrown

i recorded all of our songs with my parker p-44 which has two humbuckers, and i didn't use coil tap

yay? nay? any more recommendations?
MUST....BUY.....MORE.......PEDALS.....!
If you're going to put a single coil-sized HB in there, just put one in the bridge, don't ruin the whole guitar by putting them in all the positions, that's a waste of a Strat imo.

If you want a humbucker sound, get a guitar with humbuckers in it, it's as simple as that. Buying a Strat and then putting those pickups in it isn't going to give you the Strat "sound."
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i was actually looking for a medium between the two

the sound between a single coil and humbucker is what i'm aiming for

edit: i've also been craving a new guitar for a while, so yeah
Just buy a Fat Strat (a strat with a HB in the bridge) and you'll have the best of both worlds.

Single-Coil sized HBs are alright, the DiMarzios sound the best to me but I still wouldn't advise putting them in all the positions. Honestly, I think single coils would sound best for your styles, just put some nicer singles in it.

BTW, I really dig your band
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Nov 11, 2008,
well, now i'm just gonna sound picky, but i dont like the look of hss strats

so would you have a pickup recommendation for a single coil HB in the bridge? since you said dimarzios sound the best

and thanks, dude. we just formed in april, still relatively new to the local houston scene of bands
add us on myspace if you have one
Quote by parkerfly123
well, now i'm just gonna sound picky, but i dont like the look of hss strats

so would you have a pickup recommendation for a single coil HB in the bridge? since you said dimarzios sound the best

and thanks, dude. we just formed in april, still relatively new to the local houston scene of bands
add us on myspace if you have one

Haha, well in my Strat, I had a DiMarzio Tone Zone S in there. It handled distortion very well and didn't sound fake like the other single coil sized HBs. If you add a push/pull pot and set it up to split you can get some awesome clean tones with it alone or mixed with the middle pickup, that's still my favorite clean sound.

Added ya
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com