So he just got a Squire strat, his first guitar, and we're gonna trick it out a bit to help achieve some better sound (goin for more of a crunchy badass tone than what the strat pickups will work with (nothing against strats. but they're not great for the kinda music we're goin for)) So I was thinking of putting in a JB at the bridge, and the whole point of this thread is to recomend other upgrades that we should look into for the strat.
Thanks
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Unless it's a higher end Squire, upgrading that guitar would be a complete waste of money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have a feeling it's the amp and not the guitar that's at fault.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I have no idea what amp he's using,
And we dont know anything about the guitar because he got it from a pawn shop.
Oh, and we dont really care too much about "worth" its not like there'll be any resale value once hes done with it to be honest...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Me saying it would be a complete waste of money doesn't have anything to do with "worth," it has to do with sound.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hey brother your best bet is to replace the bridge pickup for starters. I've always thought squires were great playing guitars and once hes ready to upgrade to possibly a US made guitar, he can always take the new pickup out and put it in his new one if he wants. I say this because squires and mex strats usually come with low end crappy sounding pickups. Look into some of the hotter pickups from seymour duncan.
^no, his best bet would be to replace the amp more than likely. if he gets a british voiced tube amp, he'll easily get all the crunch he wants with even the shittiest guitar.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out