I searched and saw no topic on this show, so I thought they're should be...

Honestly, it is one of the most original and funniest shows I've ever seen.

I don't know if many people outside the UK know about this epic series. But I highly recommend it.

Thoughts?

Thoughts??

Me and 2 friends of mine binged on it about two weeks ago, and I have to so it is one of the most profound....

OH MY GOD! THERE ARE JAFFA CAKES IN MY JACKET POCKET!!!
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Spaced is brilliant. I'd love to try and invade Paris with a tank.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Best TV show ever.

Although they're (and of course by 'they' I mean people who aren't Pegg et al.) trying to make an American version, and I can't see that working at all. It's a very 90s British thing, I know Americans who just don't get it, and I doubt just switching the setting will hep much.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
I liked it the first two times but I tried watching it a third time and for some reason I got REALLY agitated... I still haven't tried it while high though
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I love it me and a few friends watched every episode one night and it's my second favorite British show after The Mighty Boosh
is cool. starting to show it's age though. another series would have been mint.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by Lin
is cool. starting to show it's age though. another series would have been mint.

I think 2 seasons were perfect, not too short and not too long, and everything ended nicely, I don't need to know anything more about their lives and Bumcivilian is right, its a very 90's British show, and I'm not sure, with the gap between now and the last season, if another season would fit very well, we have a new generation of TV watchers who haven't even heard of this show, starting on the 3rd season would not bode well with them considering they are too preoccupied with "Skins" and whatnot. Unless it was dressed up as a completely new show with the premise of it being their lives a couple of years later, but its Pegg's decision whether or not such a thing from the mind of a babbling forum jerk would ever come to fruition

Sorry for the babbling, I'm so tired...

Not sure if many would agree, but Phoenix Nights is due another season in my opinion
Quote by ravioli123

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
S'awrite, only seen the first few ep's which were pretty good, never really grab me by the baws though
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Rule 1 - Don't talk about robot club

Rule 2 - DON'T TALK ABOUT ROBOT CLUB....oh wait, I got that wrong... rule 2 - No smoking
I think the best bit in the whole of Spaced is Tim's impassioned "You weren't there, you don't know what it was like in the beginning! Now take your 50ps and get lost!" speech.

Then the camera swings round and he's been yelling at an 8 year old kid who flees screaming.

and Tim closes with "What a prick"

All cus he was trying to buy a Jar Jar Binks doll.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think the best bit in the whole of Spaced is Tim's impassioned "You weren't there, you don't know what it was like in the beginning! Now take your 50ps and get lost!" speech.

Then the camera swings round and he's been yelling at an 8 year old kid who flees screaming.

and Tim closes with "What a prick"

All cus he was trying to buy a Jar Jar Binks doll.

I love that bit. I'm gonna say it before someone else does, Jar Jar Binks blows The kid deserved it

I think its Tim's attitude is really what makes the character. One of my favorite bits is in one of the last episodes, Brian has that tape with all the screaming sounds on it and he takes it with him into Mikes van and then says
"Have you got a tape player??"
Mike: "No..."
Tim: "Thank F**k!"
With alot of aggression put into the F**k, hilarious
Quote by ravioli123

AMAZING SCENE ALERT!

[To a Star Wars: The Phantom Menace fan]
Tim: You are so blind! You so do not understand! You weren't there at the beginning. You don't know how good it was! How important! This is it for you! This jumped-up firework display of a toy advert! People like you make me sick! What's wrong with you?! Now, I don't care if you've saved up all your fifty 'p's, take your pocket money and get out!
[The little boy runs off, crying]
Tim: What a prick.

Bilbo Bagshot: I was like you once. Blonde hair. Scraggly little beard. Childlike ears. Full of beans, and spunk. I let my principles get in the way of things. I once punched a bloke out once for saying Hawk the Slayer was rubbish.
Tim: Good for you.
Bilbo Bagshot: Yeah, thanks. But that's not the point, Tim. The point is I was defending the fantasy genre with terminal intensity, when what I should have said was "Dad, you're right - but let's give Krull a try, and we'll discuss it later." [pause] The Phantom Menace was eighteen months ago, Tim!
Tim: I know Bilbo, but... it still hurts, you know? I mean, that kid wanted a Jar Jar doll!
Bilbo: Kids like Jar Jar!
Tim: Why?
Bilbo Bagshot: What about the Ewoks eh? They were rubbish. You don't complain about them.
Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like... ****in'... Shaft.

DSS Woman: How long have you been unemployed, Mr Bisley?
Tim: [checks watch] About an hour and a half.
DSS Woman: Have you been looking for work?
Tim: [laughs, then sees she's serious] Um, no.
DSS Woman: Why did you leave your last job?
Tim: Got fired.
DSS Woman: Why?
Tim: [nonchalantly] Uh, a difference of opinion...
DSS Woman: The Phantom Menace?
Tim: [pauses, then, surprised] Yeah...
DSS Woman: Didn't you like it?
Tim: [cautiously] No...
DSS Woman: Well, [taps nose conspiratorially] you leave this with me. I'll get you some money out in the next few days.

Daisy: What are we going to do? You're unemployed. I've got no money coming in. How am I going to afford aspirational magazines?!

[After Tim has found a new job in a rival comic shop; Bilbo has come in]
Bilbo: [Sniffy] He should store his special editions behind the counter, not hide them away at the back of the shop. Man's insane.

Bilbo: [Stand-offish] What's Derek like as a boss?
Tim: [Stand-offish] He's okay. Don't fully agree with his policy on vintage comic display.
[Pause]
Bilbo: [Desperate] Look, Tim, I'm sorry I fired you. It was a mistake! Will you come back?
Tim: Oh, why? Things not working out with the new guy?
Bilbo: [Sheepish] You could say that.
[Flash cut to Bilbo's shop]
Tim's Replacement: Hawk the Slayer's rubbish!
[Bilbo punches him; cut back to the rival comic shop]
Tim: [Stand-offish] I see.
Bilbo: Will you come back?
Tim: Well, I like it here, Bilbo. What makes you think I want to come back?
Bilbo: This.
[Bilbo produces an answering machine from nowhere and presses play]
Tim: [On machine; sobbing] Look, B-Bilbo, t-this is Tim. Please can I come back?! I don't like it here!
Tim: [Sheepish] You got that, did you?
Bilbo: I would have come in anyway. The place just isn't the same without you there.
Tim: [Warmly] I'm already there.
Bilbo: [Alarmed] What?!
Tim: I mean I'll come back.
Bilbo: Oh, right. Frightened me for a moment there.

[Tim wants to get fired from his new job]
Tim: Derek? Babylon 5's a big pile of shit.
Derek: Get out!!
Bilbo and Tim: [Joyfully] Hooray!
Ugggh, I just remembered the scene when Daisy goes to sign on, horrible, exactly what signing on is like, they act like the money is coming out of their own pocket and poke around until they can find any reason not to give it to you..
Quote by ravioli123

great show, im always surprised at the amount of people who have never heard of it.

COLIN!!!
I loved the episode with Peter Serafinowitz (sp?) and the paintballing, great stuff! Love Spaced!
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Great series, I have only ever bothered to buy two DVD boxed sets -this, and the pink panther movies.

The episode when they go out for a night in camden is me and my mates around the same time - the girls are all like "lets go and see a play with a swear word in the title and then go for a nice meal" and the lads, are "lets have a joint and go to the monarch in camden laugh like twats.......

And it's shot in the monarch which was our old haunt.

Great Stuff

Pull my finger
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by JackalUK

Bilbo: I would have come in anyway. The place just isn't the same without you there.
Tim: [Warmly] I'm already there.
Bilbo: [Alarmed] What?!
Tim: I mean I'll come back.
Bilbo: Oh, right. Frightened me for a moment there.

haha

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7sqSQ5Vu8vM
My favourite scene

Mike, I'm really not in the OOOOHH SHIIIIIIT
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Last edited by SuperBlob at Nov 13, 2008,