Page 1 of 2
Not meaning to offend any bassists out there but... the bass is pretty much the most useless instrument in a band. Sure, if you turn it up all the way it can make the windows of your car rattle, but besides that bass is useless.

It makes me angry when I go to a show and you've got the lead singer doing backflips, the guitarists are headbanging and the drummer is just blowing you away with awesomeness , but the bass player stands off to the side playing his four stringed instrument because he can't deal with six strings like the guitarists. When i see this I can't believe it.DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! You have the freakin easiest instrument to play and you're just standing there like you don't want to be there! No ones gonna know you're there unless you move around. All you gotta do is smash something or launch yourself into the crowd or something.

I'd better stop because I've probably already pissed off enough people.
Quote by TBMG1
Not meaning to offend any bassists out there but... the bass is pretty much the most useless instrument in a band. Sure, if you turn it up all the way it can make the windows of your car rattle, but besides that bass is useless.

It makes me angry when I go to a show and you've got the lead singer doing backflips, the guitarists are headbanging and the drummer is just blowing you away with awesomeness , but the bass player stands off to the side playing his four stringed instrument because he can't deal with six strings like the guitarists. When i see this I can't believe it.DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! You have the freakin easiest instrument to play and you're just standing there like you don't want to be there! No ones gonna know you're there unless you move around. All you gotta do is smash something or launch yourself into the crowd or something.

Do you know there are bassists here? And bass is very important in a band

You'll get your head f/cking cut off.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by TBMG1

Bass is important, and many bassists rock out with the rest

Bass also tastes quite delcious, c wut i did thar

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
lol.

Clearly you've been playing all of a month and have yet to grasp that a band is a group, rather than indiviual performers. Every instrument is as important as the next.

But that's ok, i'm sure you will grow an understanding of what music actually is.

Dave.
HI THERE
Quote by TBMG1
Not meaning to offend any bassists out there but... the bass is pretty much the most useless instrument in a band.

So we're useless?
F*ck off

MC name = Bearrorism
Nikki Sixx moved like helll while Mick did shit(medical reasons no offense to Mick), Steve Harris runs around like crazy, Geever Buttler spins around alot(at least he used to) Duff would run around like Slash and bass clicks in with drums to give the song a better drive the bass is that sound that makes you wan't to bang your head. Also he keeps the drummer in line so he dosn't get out of control.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
maybe you should listen to your favorite bands without the bass?
some people have realized that you can be cool without jumping around and making a fool of yourself.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
Ignorant thread, reported.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by futurejmmy102
Stupid post, I beg to defer on many different levels.

yeah plus all the other ones. You got to listen to more music, you'll see.
Les Claypool anyone???

EDIT:
Quote by darth awsome

DAMN YOU!!!
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Bass for one IS NOT EASY! And that is coming from a guitarist. Maybe you haven't heard any good bassists, but man, some of the stuff they do is crazy. Anyway, you obviously don't know what you're talking about, so I can't really respect you're opinion.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Quote by TBMG1
Not meaning to offend any bassists out there but... the bass is pretty much the most useless instrument in a band.

Hahaha.

That is all.
Quote by white falcon119
lol.

Clearly you've been playing all of a month and have yet to grasp that a band is a group, rather than indiviual performers. Every instrument is as important as the next.

But that's ok, i'm sure you will grow an understanding of what music actually is.

Dave.

+1

He's definetly right my friend. A band without a bassist is pointless.
Quote by TBMG1
but the bass player stands off to the side playing his four stringed instrument because he can't deal with six strings like the guitarists.

ahahaha

You're such a tool

also what about bassists with 6 strings? Myung $hits on you're theory.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
The first bassist that pops into mind here is John Deacon XD

To the TS, screw you. I'm a bassist, and we are very useful.
██████████████████████████████
Quote by TBMG1
but the bass player stands off to the side playing his four stringed instrument because he can't deal with six strings like the guitarists.

Edit: To the guy two posts above me, *high five*
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by cgolden
He's definetly right my friend. A band without a bassist is pointless.

Now, that is straight up erroneous. Bass contributes an enormous amount, but what of The White Stripes, the Black Keys?
Quote by americnidiot
Get your head out of your ass. Drums and bass are the backbone to the music.

Pretty much, bass is ment for the bassy sound, guitar is for a trebley sound and drums is both

I explained myself horribly there

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by TBMG1

Yes you're allowed an opinion, but in this case, you should've kept it to yourself, please be quiet, and go away
Gear:
Musicman Sub Sterling
Yamaha RBXJM2
Ashdown MAG 300 Head + Ashdown 410T Cab
Bass Big Muff Pi
Korg Pitchblack
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Victor Wooten? Bootsy Collins? Les Claypool? GENE SIMMONS!? Do none of them have stage presence? Is everything they play useless? Easy?

I wonder how people like you breathe.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Bass is actually more important than guitar.
Many bands don't have guitarists. Many don't have a singer. How many don't have a bassist?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by TBMG1

way to be ignorant as hell
Quote by urik
Bass is actually more important than guitar.
Many bands don't have guitarists. Many don't have a singer. How many don't have a bassist?

The Doors? ...duh
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Are you ****ing kidding me?

Bass and drums are the foundation of a band
retard

seriously gtfo

just ****in leave
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
You know usually I'm mad at people like you but i can't help and laugh, theres just something special about you. Your just like...extra stupid. I'm not even gonna describe how big of a moron you are or even guess at how bad you are at music so with that said :

Before you go on and make a thread about something you know nothing about : don't.
Page 1 of 2