so, ive been thinking of investing in some ernire ball slinkie electric strings. i've played my buddy's guitar with super slinkys, but those fell like their dropped 2 steps lol. so how much are they in Canada and are they worth it?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Well, I can't tell you how much they are in Canada, a simple Google search would turn that up for you. I can tell you that the Super Slinkys are my favorite, and I've been playing them for 6 years or so now.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
+1, all I've ever used are super slinkies. My personal fav.
Fender MIJ Blue Flower and Pink Paisley Startocasters,Fender White MIM 50's Strat with Noiseless Pickups,Fender Graffiti Yellow Tom Delonge with EMG-81, Gibson Les Paul Studio lite 91', Agile 3100 Purple Bird, Agile 2000 HSB slim, Agile 2500 white
how bout normal slinky? i have d'addarios (sp?) 10's on now
Quote by nowa90
how bout normal slinky? i have d'addarios (sp?) 10's on now

There are several different Slinky flavors. The best advice I can give you, if you want some EB strings, is buy a few different ones, depending on what you play/what weight of strings you like. Personally, I like my strings as light as possible, which is why I play the Super Slinkys.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
what? im mostly in standard
Ernie Ball regular slinky's are $5.50cad each at a music store here (AxeMusic). I'm not sure what you mean by "investing" or if they're "worth it". Strings are cheap. If you like 10-46 strings, it's worth a shot I suppose. If you're used to D'addario's 10-46, then keep using those rather than switch. Right now I've been using Ernie Ball Classic 10-46 "Rock n Roll" that are pure nickel wound and I quite like them, but I might try some D'addario's 10-46 on my Strat.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
just buy different kinds and see which you like best, i hardly call 4-7 dollars an investment, thats pretty cheap

if you were buying bass strings though, then id understand.

I use regular slinkys on my epiphone g-400

Whenever i get my next electric(if its a fender, which it probably will be) I plan on putting super slinkys on it.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I can't stand those super slinkys. I like the thick strings. I might at some point try something like 11-48 or 11-52 maybe. The really thin ones (9-42), I can't stand them.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by MustangSVT
I can't stand those super slinkys. I like the thick strings. I might at some point try something like 11-48 or 11-52 maybe. The really thin ones (9-42), I can't stand them.

I like .9s but I would never use anything smaller, i think they make 7s
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i tryed super, adn i thought for a minute it was a tele with a whole step drop down...ill bum money from school and buy some