Page 1 of 3
So basically, I listened to everyone out there and thought that bugera sold quality equipment. I thought that from the sound clips and from me experimenting with it at the store, that the 333 would be a good all around choice for me.

Yeah? I thought wrong.

I bring it home, AFTER IT WORKED IN THE STORE! Open the box carefully, after of course dredging this shit up 3 flights of stairs (it weighs over 80 pounds) I carefully unwrap it from the box. Plug it into an outlet. Turn on the power button.

So now its warming up. I'm in my happy state, I'm ****ing feeling that I have my first possibly great amp and I'm thinking of all the awesomeness that can come out of this amp.

I switch it off standby while I have my guitar plugged in.

Pop. I hear a bit of static going through the amp. And slowly, the blue lights for the power and standby fade away.

A resounding **** resonates the hall of my house.

I just bought this thing, I never messed with anything WHAT SO EVER! I'm just raging so hard right now I have no idea what to do.

Is there anything to check that maybe I did wrong?

-None of the switches work, they all switch back and forth but no lights go on.
-I checked the fuses for the house and everything is a-ok. Nothing wrong there.

WTF is this shit.
a fuse in the amp? tubes maybe? try a different outlet?

take it back
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
*In before someone comes in saying all Bugera amp's do this*

It could just be a fuse inside, which isn't that hard to fix.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
normally i would have said just let that sucker break in first....

but no lights? So your main fuse died? Don't do anything yet. Go get a new fuse as step one. Get a HT fuse too. Buy 3 of each. Hopefully your power tubes are not blown or anything else. Good to know that it was the same one at the store.

ffs i don't know
Exchanging it is always an option, thats a lot easier than buying a bunch of shit to try and fix it and potentially voiding your warranty and breaking it more.
that happened to me, it was just a fuse problem, the shop said they would fix it, but I just got a refund, I'm pretty skeptic of bugera's now...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
that happened to me, it was just a fuse problem, the shop said they would fix it, but I just got a refund, I'm pretty skeptic of bugera's now...

I am now too.

I'm going to bring it back, demand that they either fix it for free (I bought a 3 year warranty on top of the default 1 year) or replace it with an amp of lesser or similar value.

Which out of the two options; option two of them replacing it with another amp sounds better.

I don't like this company now. If this were a car and it died on me, I would have died within an hour of the shop. Not cool bugera, not cool.

They would have won my heart, now they earn my scorn.
Quote by sesstreets
I am now too.

I'm going to bring it back, demand that they either fix it for free (I bought a 3 year warranty on top of the default 1 year) or replace it with an amp of lesser or similar value.

Which out of the two options; option two of them replacing it with another amp sounds better.

I don't like this company now. If this were a car and it died on me, I would have died within an hour of the shop. Not cool bugera, not cool.

They would have won my heart, now they earn my scorn.

Don't judge an amp just cause of one messed up one you got. People have gotten bad amps of bigger brands. Get a new one, i've had my bugera for 8 months now and not a single problem.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by sesstreets
Ugh. but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth dude.

very understandable...new amp day is supposed to be one of auditory orgasm not utter dismay and disappointment
^^ Unfortunately it can happen with any amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

The tubes they put in these amps are junk, and if it worked at the store then I would say the trip up your stairs probably banged them around and when you turned it on they gave up completely taking the fuse with it. I just had my 333xl blow two tubes this afternoon after three days of owning it. You have two options exchange it or replace the tubes and fuse. Even if you exchange it you are going to want a new set of tubes sooner or later because the stock ones are shit. The amps sound great if you get past the tube issue.
Yeah, every single issue it seems is caused by either faulty tubes or a popped fuse - both are extremely easy to replace.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by Demigawd
The tubes they put in these amps are junk, and if it worked at the store then I would say the trip up your stairs probably banged them around and when you turned it on they gave up completely taking the fuse with it. I just had my 333xl blow two tubes this afternoon after three days of owning it. You have two options exchange it or replace the tubes and fuse. Even if you exchange it you are going to want a new set of tubes sooner or later because the stock ones are shit. The amps sound great if you get past the tube issue.

A trip up the stairs? Wtf am I carrying a baby here? I didn't even bang it.
If I get something brand new take it home and it works for 10 minutes I take it back. I wouldnt try a fuse or tubes or anything else. Shouldnt have to its brand new. Taking it up some stairs shouldnt break an amp or rattle anything loose. Ive put my tube amp in the back of a pickup truck and drove 900 miles to florida plugged it in and it works its made this trip twice no problems. There seem to be way to many of these new bugera amp problem stories.
Quote by sesstreets

You're*

Open the box carefully, after of course dredging this shit up 3 flights of stairs (it weighs over 80 pounds)

I don't know about you but if I am trying to haul a box that big and heavy up three flights of stairs by myself it was sure to hit something on the way up, and when you take into account that the stock tubes are low quality something is going to go wrong.
I've been looking for that gif for ages.

It's gonna be my avatar now if you don't mind
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

If you tried it out at the store, would it happen to be one of the floor models?
Cause everyone messes around with the floor models.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
man these amps produce awesome tone for a low cost, i say just get a replacement or get it fixed under warranty. my blackheart little giant had some kind of transformer problem a few months after getting it, would cut off after playing for like an hour and the progressively in less time...even when i changed out both tubes with brand new ones. but i bought it new, took it back and they took care of business. it took a little time though...like a month. but since you JUST got yours, they will prolly just give you a replacement and take care of the one you got on their own time.

like mentioned before, don't be too quick to judge. i've seen a good bit of threads talking about new amps having the same if not similar thing happen to them in just as short a time!

shit happens...mass produced amps are gonna have lemons....it happens. my randall RM50 was the same way. but one thing's for sure: the tone of my blackheart and RM50 were so beautiful that i didn't think it was worth changing brands and beginning a whole new search just b/c i got unlucky. this is why i like to buy new when it comes to amps...warranties are great to have.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I can't say to much, because I dislike this amps very much. I would deffinatly say take it back though, wether you're getting it replaced or getting another amp of the same value. You shouldn't have to dish out any more money then what you already have. Have the shop deal with it.

Even if you did bump it on something up the steps it should work fine. I've dropped my amp head and it would work fine afterwards. Although, these amps are known to be the most dependable amps either.
Quote by Ryohazuki
Don't judge an amp just cause of one messed up one you got. People have gotten bad amps of bigger brands. Get a new one, i've had my bugera for 8 months now and not a single problem.

this

look at a randall if you get a refund/exchange
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Demigawd
The tubes they put in these amps are junk.

I'm not going to get into it, because last time it almost started a flame war, but this statement is completely wrong.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
this

look at a randall if you get a refund/exchange

The Bugera's sound infinitely better than the RG50TC. The Randall sounds pretty meh.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

Quote by mike.h
The Bugera's sound infinitely better than the RG50TC. The Randall sounds pretty meh.

a meh randall sounds better than a broken bugera
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by SPBY
Exchanging it is always an option, thats a lot easier than buying a bunch of shit to try and fix it and potentially voiding your warranty and breaking it more.

Agreed you got a limon, I would exchange it for a new one and if that one doesn't work then try a different brand.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm not going to get into it, because last time it almost started a flame war, but this statement is completely wrong.

You don't want to get into then fine I will, you can disagree with me all you want and I don't care what it starts the tubes in these amps are shit plain and simple. I had less than 3 hours of playing in on mine when the tubes died, doesn't sound like a very high quality tube to me.
Quote by Demigawd
You don't want to get into then fine I will, you can disagree with me all you want and I don't care what it starts the tubes in these amps are shit plain and simple. I had less than 3 hours of playing in on mine when the tubes died, doesn't sound like a very high quality tube to me.

Just because your tubes died, doesn't mean they're crappy tubes.

Bugeras are supposed to come stock with TAD power tubes and Shuguang preamps, which are both pretty highly regarded tubes; afterall, Bogner and Diezel use them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have gone though just about every post I could find on these amps before I bought it and nearly every failure seems to come back to a dead tube. Funny how just replacing the tubes fixes the issue but I guess thats just a coincidence huh. And unless you can prove to me that EVERY bugera amp comes with TAD or Shuguang tubes I won't believe it. Got anywhere I can match my tubes up with one of those brands so I can see if mine were TAD or Shuguang because all it says on the bottle is Bugera. My guess is they got a little bit of everything use what ever they could get cheapest.

I fully expected to replace the tubes in mine when I bought it, when I bought my guitars I changed the strings and had it properly set up how is having to pay to get a decent set of tubes any different.

EDIT: Never mind I found a nice pic of a TAD EL34 to match it up to and yup it sure does look like a TAD, still doesn't change the fact that mine went out with in 3 hours and several others had theirs go out shortly after buying them. So if the tubes aren't junk what is your excuse for them failing.
Last edited by Demigawd at Nov 12, 2008,
Probably bad biasing?

I thought Bloodshed wrote something about that a while back.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
Has nobody here thought of the notion that just maybe the mains current into your house is off?

A good power surge or chronically-low voltage can waste even the best-made amp.

Also....did you bring your amp into the house and plug it in immediately after it had gotten cold and/or damp? If it fried on you after that, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

Lastly - I'm presuming this is a head, not a combo we're talking about - did you have speakers connected? And were they the correct impedence?
---
Only assholes vote Republican.
---
1988 Gibson SG Deluxe
1975 Hiwatt DR103
Carvin X100B
I would take it back and exchange it. When electronic devices fail, they usually so within the first 30 days of ownership. Yes fuses blow, but you don't know why it did, it could be a faulty part. You bought it new, it should be in perfect working order.
Quote by fearo
Probably bad biasing?

I thought Bloodshed wrote something about that a while back.

Wouldn't the bias have to be way off to have killed the tubes in such a short time, I mean like to the point of the plates glowing? Mine was functioning fine and then it just got real quiet, then let out a horrendous squeal, and died.
Quote by sesstreets
So basically, I listened to everyone out there and thought that bugera sold quality equipment.

...Everyone out where? That is definitely not the common consensus around here. Have you exchanged it yet? Hopefully it was just a fluke.
Page 1 of 3