What's up guys, need some help figuring some things out. I'm making amp for doom/sludge/stoner metal (EYEHATEGOD, Electric wizard..etc), right now I got a crate FXT120, and a rouge 120 bass amp hooked up together. What I was wanting to do is remove the amps from the cabs there in and hook them up to a knew set of speakers. What would be the best thing to get for this, a bass cab or guitar cab. Right now my sound is going though my 1x15 speaker in the bass cab, and I like the sound coming out of it. I was just wanting to know if my setup pretty legit meaning there wont be problem with it doing this and what I should get in term of a cab. Thanks
First off, you're not building an amp there. You are just moving amps around.

Secondly- How in the world do you have them hooked up together? A diagram would help here.

Answer the question marked "Secondly" and I think you will be able to get more help from this forum.
O ya I guess its not building so much, I mean I am making something new with them lol. And o ya I got them hook up by my guitar going though the guitar amp and then on the out jack(headphone jack) I have it hooked up to the bass amp and sound goes though that only. Sorry I cant do a diagram it be worst off then me just telling you lol.
Okay, so your are basically using a line out from your Crate to plug into the instrument input on your rouge?
If this is correct, and you are looking for sludgy/stoner rock (Kyuss sound maybe?) then I would say run it through a bass cab. Something with 15"s for more of a bassy sound which is what I believe you want. 10"s for a tighter sound.

On a budget-Gallien-Krueger
Not so much a budget-Ampeg
Ight man thank ya. I think Ill be looking for a 15 cause the one I got now will shake the whole frickin house when I play it on like 1 1/2 lol. My guitar amp fine but doesn't give me that low end I've been looking for, this setup hit's you with a big wall of wtf when I play it.

O ya I more question, on my bass amp it says 4 Ohms min for the speaker output, is it possible to go with a 8ohms or should I just stick with the 4. Thanks
Last edited by derrick45123 at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by derrick45123
Right now my sound is going though my 1x15 speaker in the bass cab, and I like the sound coming out of it.
If you like the sound you have now, why are you changing anything?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Well I just wanna build my own thing. Plus the speaker I got in there now a probly alittle low end, I the bass amp for 75. So I'm thinking better speaker would give me a even better sound. I guess I could just change the speaker lol.
Yeah... If you want to build something, build something useful.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Well this will be useful it gives me the sound I want and I can always change stuff when I get the money. I acaully think about just gettin a new bass head and cab and using the crate for my distortion, it gives me a good sound I just want that sound to be a lower sound. Me and my buddy wanting to start a band up too and he wants to do bass so if I get a new bass head and cab I can just give him the one I got. Idk I'm just feeling a little creative and wanna make something unique , that gives me my own kind of sound but still has the low end for a sludger type sound.