i'm a big fan of dance punk - Death From Above 1979, Does it Offend You, Yeah, !!!, Crystal Castles, all that stuff, I've been searching for bands like this, but my luck isn't so great,

could anyone give me some suggestions?

right on.
Death From Above 1979 is quite awesome. Their album is one of my favourites. Are the other bands you've listed there anywhere as good as them?
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

LCD Soundsystem?

I think they're considered Dance Punk.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Dance punk was 06'. Get with the times.
And crystal Castles definitely aren't dance punk.
LCD Soundsystem is on the right track.
You'd probably enjoy a bit of The Rapture and VHS or BETA.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by wolfhowl11
Dance punk was 06'. Get with the times.
And crystal Castles definitely aren't dance punk.
LCD Soundsystem is on the right track.

The times? music doesn't expire.
I like The Rapture.

My friend, however LOVES a band called Late of the Pier, I suggest you check them ou
Quote by Andrewbiles
You'd probably enjoy a bit of The Rapture and VHS or BETA.

Seconded.

The Dead 60's are pretty good, also. 2004 - 2005 was riddled with catchy little dance punk bands.

And, by extension, Le Tigre and Peaches. They're more electroclash, but still.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
^ Yeah, 'Riot on the radio' (I think that's what it was called) by the Dead 60's was a great song. They pretty much vanished after that though.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
dance punk? kind of an oxymoron isnt it? damn kids and you music labeling lol.
Quote by Andrewbiles
^ Yeah, 'Riot on the radio' (I think that's what it was called) by the Dead 60's was a great song. They pretty much vanished after that though.

"Riot Radio." Yeah, that song is catchy as heck.

I remember watching Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and hearing that song, and being all like, "zomg eye havnt hrd this in lyk a jillion yrz!"
Japanther. I don't know if they're called dance punk, but I dance when I listen to them so that's good enough.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^ :P

Quote by K-Lizzle
"Riot Radio." Yeah, that song is catchy as heck.

I remember watching Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and hearing that song, and being all like, "zomg eye havnt hrd this in lyk a jillion yrz!"

Just watched the trailer on youtube and despite the name that actually looks a good film. As good as the trailer?

RateYourMusic
I thought it was pretty great. I'm definitely acquiring it when it comes on out on DVD.

The soundtrack is really, really good also. I don't have it, but I've seen the tracklisting.
^

Quote by K-Lizzle
I thought it was pretty great. I'm definitely acquiring it when it comes on out on DVD.

The soundtrack is really, really good also. I don't have it, but I've seen the tracklisting.

Will be keeping an eye out for it then
Doesn't look a bad soundtrack, not hugely inspired though. I really hate Vampire Weekend.

RateYourMusic