Page 1 of 2
Have you ever listened to a song to when you listen to the melody,riff or any part of the song, you've actually felt like you're at another particular past point in your life.

such as
when i listen to "Been Caught Stealing"-Jane's Addiction i feel like im a little 4 year old dancing on my bed naked.(dont ask)

well discuss songs that bring you back....
Spice girls songs bring me back.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
lmao at Kensai, and Cliffs of Dover reminds me of childhood memories.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Boys Of Summer- The Ataris.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Out with the Old by alley life. when i was in second grade playing tony hawk's pro skater two.

those were the days.
There are a few, most of them have a long story behind them, but a few of them are:

Twist & Shout
Friends in Low Places
Ziggy Stardust

But in a few years, I'll hear "I Cum Blood" somewhere and think of The Pit...
under the bridge by rhcp reminds me of my elementary school carpool cuz it was always on the radio in the car
Quote by crazy8rgood
inb4 1979

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

Haha yeah I get mass nostalgia from that song
HI
Whenever I listen to Comfortably Numb, I think back to in 6th grade when I stood outside the school listening to it because I didn't want to take my headphones off til the song was over. It isn't even that great of a memory?
Primus brings me back to my sophomore year during the winter, when I would go over to my friend's house and play Halo 2 with him and another friend like every day after school, and we recorded a bunch of sweet songs.

Amon Amarth reminds me of all the snow days we had last winter, and I hung out with the same two friends and played Halo 3.

Empyrium, Agalloch, and Negura Bunget remind me of the beginning of last summer.

Portal, Between the Buried and Me, and Wecamewithbrokenteeth remind of the two weeks I spent with my friend in Oklahoma.

Whenever I listen to any death metal like Gorguts, Negativa, Obituary, Disavowed, or anything like that, it reminds me of last summer, towards the end.

Whatever music I listen to a lot during a certain period of time, I always associate the music with that period of my life.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
smash mouth you just couldn't avoid them.

all star reminds me of when i was in the first grade.

the whole smash and americana albums by the offspring take me back to when i was a little kid because i used to listen to them all the time as a 3-5 year old.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i remember my bro listening to black hole sun when i was like 3 or 4

good times
Early Beatles brings me back to when I listened to them as a kid.

I still listen to them, but it will still hit me with some nostalgia, occasionally.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Enter Sandman - Metallica

first taste of music I ever had
You are now blinking manually
Paradise City. It reminds me of a long car ride where my bro let me listen to his CD. It was the first time I remember hearing rock music, until then all i ever remember hearing was rap(mainly Master P)
Doin' Time - Sublime

I had the video game Dave Mirra's Pro BMX and it was on the sound track. I always liked the song but never knew the name of it. It had been stuck in my head periodically over the last 3 years or so (maybe once a month) and then my friend told me to go download some Sublime and bricks were shat.

EDIT: Also, One - Metallica
It was the first guitar solo I learned and I remember how long it took me to get the damn slide/pull-off part.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
notorious BIG and tupac my bro used to listen to it id rap to it when i was like 6 i knew all the songs haha good times
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Bloc Party - Ion Square

Also sometimes my dad just puts on a soft rock radio station and we sit around listening to the music just reminding ourselves of the good ol' days when I was a kid and how things were like. I loved my childhood.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Rock and Roll by Led Zep. I remember hearing it back as a kid and thinking "Hey, this is cool." Then later when I started getting into music, I saw Rock and Roll and I thought "Hmmm, this sounds interesting." Then I listened to it, and I was all "HOLY SHIT! IT'S THIS SONG!!!"

Also, Superman by Goldfinger reminds of the good old days playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Double moon physics FTW!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
When I listen to Light Grenades by Incubus, the whole CD, I think of Sophomore year. Good times, great girl, then turned bad. I can remember it so clearly when I listen to that.

Also, when I hear I'm Not Okay, I Promise by My Chemical Romance, I think of the summer after Freshman year. One of the best summers of my life.
Dare You To Move by Switchfoot, is a huge one
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by Faux
any Smashmouth song takes me back to second grade. Also that Chumbawumba song "I get knocked down"

Tubthumping
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Thrashed Lost and Strungout by Children of Bodom reminds me a lot of my 8th grade year, not the school aspect, but all of the new friends I made.

Almost all of the songs on Linkin Park's Meteora album remind me of the 4th(or 5th, can't remember) level of TimeSplitters : Future Perfect with the house full of zombies.

Forever and Always by Bullet for my Valentine reminds me of my first love.

Failed Creation by Divine Heresy gives me the same affect as the Bodom song mentioned previousely.

A lot of Beatles songs remind me of this past summer, which was eventful in some weird bad and good ways.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
When I listen to the Beatles I think of great family vacations to South Dakota and New England.
Smells Like Teen Spirit, I remember hearing it on the radio or tv as a toddler.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
ac/dc and iron maiden brings me back to the good ol' days
Gear:
Gibson Flying V
Jackson RR3 w/ Zakk Wylde EMG's
'89 Marshall 8240 Combo Amp
Marshall MG10 CD
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell
The entire album "The Sufferer and the Witness" by Rise Against brings me back to my freshman year in high school. It was an angry time.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by jetfuel495
when i hear some sugar ray i feel like im 10 again

when i listen to anything from KSEs as daylight dies i feel like im on the schoolbus on a depressing december morning again

i listen to alot more killswitch than sugar ray

Woah....dude I know exactly what you mean. I listen to KSE and it reminds me of that and playing this mmorpg about ancient china.

Wintersun brings me back to Christmas 07 I think when I was playing Twlight Princess

Dark Tranquillity -The Treason Wall and a lot of In Flames brings me back to morning bus rides.

The whole city of Evil album brings me back to 11th grade when girls were confusing me.
Pokemon song!

PiKKAACHUU

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

The whole Mezmerize album by SOAD.

I loved that when I was like 12 or 13

The Beatles - The Beatles. Reminds me of driving down to the Alamo when I was 8 just because me and my dad were bored and we had nothing else to do, because he and my mother were divorced so he did a lot of stuff to make me happy, what with only getting to see me ever couple of weeks and all. Makes me sad when I think about it. I took everything for granted, and he really didn't know how to show me he loved me so he'd just take me some place fun every weekend that he got to see me.

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
the entire Buzz Cuts and Buzz Ballads albums, i ordered them, and holy fluck it's the soundtrack to my childhood
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by pwninator123
the entire Buzz Cuts and Buzz Ballads albums, i ordered them, and holy fluck it's the soundtrack to my childhood

i actually downloaded buzz cuts, and i was like holy shit, this is awesome. all my old songs. It was great

Clapton's solo stuff, i never knew it was him, but i had heard a lot of it while i was young

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Page 1 of 2