Does anyone know how I might go about starting this process?

I have a windows XP service pack 2 disk, but I dont want to dive headfirst into it and screw my PC into heck.

Do I just pop in the disk and install it? Or is there some complicated process that I have to go through? Also, can this be done without losing any data? I'd perfer not to wipe the drive or anything, as I have important files on it.

Thanks in advance!

-Kai
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
Does anyone know how I might go about starting this process?

I have a windows XP service pack 2 disk, but I dont want to dive headfirst into it and screw my PC into heck.

Do I just pop in the disk and install it? Or is there some complicated process that I have to go through? Also, can this be done without losing any data? I'd perfer not to wipe the drive or anything, as I have important files on it.

Thanks in advance!

-Kai

No.
You're*
put blank CDs in your drive so that you get a copy of your important files on that CD.

install new OS, insert CD, done.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by illuminatiano
put blank CDs in your drive so that you get a copy of your important files on that CD.

install new OS, insert CD, done.

Pretty much this.

Did you purchase a new computer recently with Vista preinstalled? You may have trouble finding appropriate drivers when installing XP, I know this is the case for many manufacturers.
mmmk.
1. Stop listening to people who say it sucks
2. Form your own opinion, and stop using the opinions of people who haven't used it.
3. Realize that it doesn't suck.
4. You don't need to revert anymore!
Quote by Masonpwiley
1. Stop listening to people who say it sucks
2. Form your own opinion, and stop using the opinions of people who haven't used it.
3. Realize that it doesn't suck.
4. You don't need to revert anymore!

Hey, Brainwasher! STFU! He already formed his opinion.

TS, just copy the important files and try to find the appropriate drivers first(so you're sure they exist) then you're good to go.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
id suggest sticking with XP, but if you MUST get the Vista service packs, apparently they make it less shit

and get some way of saving the stuff you wanna keep, like an external hard drive or something along those lines
Your data WILL be lost and unless you have all the nescecary XP drivers your computer will cease to function normally.

Downgrading to XP is simply not worth it 90% of the time
Vista owns the shit out of XP.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana