I want to replace the stock pots in my Ibanez Gax50 because the volume really doesnt do volume untill it hits about 2 then it just kills it, before then it just kills the tone.

Is there any recommendation for good pots to replace htem with? whats the difference between like Gibsons 9 dollar pots and like a 3 dollar one at my electronic store... the 500kohm of course for my humbuckers.
Quote by somekid413
Is there any recommendation for good pots to replace htem with? whats the difference between like Gibsons 9 dollar pots and like a 3 dollar one at my electronic store... the 500kohm of course for my humbuckers.

6 bucks.

Quote by somekid413

Alpha and CTS are pretty much the "go-to pots" around here. Alpha is cheaper (3 bucks at my local music store) and I hear that CTS is more durable. So yeah, Alpha or CTS.
Quote by Invader Jim
6 bucks.

Just get Alpha, you can get them off GFS really cheap.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I like the CTS 450 series - they are like a middle ground between the lower spec CTS/Alpha and the expensive gibson ones.

The reason I really like the CTS ones is because they are constructed different to Alpha and Gibson pots which makes them easy to take to bits and repair or modify.

The 450 series has a custom audio taper which when used as a tone control seems to behave rather like a linear taper pot.

Having said all that, I would be happy with Alpha's if cost was an issue or if i couldn't get hold of the CTS ones. IMO the Gibson ones are a waste.
of money though
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald