so my girlfriend's ex gave her his class ring, and he owes her money that he is not willing to pay back. is it illegal for her to sell the ring? her ex said he would take her to court for selling engraved belongings of his. (even though he gave her the ring). does anyone know if this is illegal?
Quote by guns_rosesldb
so my girlfriend's ex gave her his class ring, and he owes her money that he is not willing to pay back. is it illegal for her to sell the ring? her ex said he would take her to court for selling engraved belongings of his. (even though he gave her the ring). does anyone know if this is illegal?

No.

[/thread]
You're*
He gave it to her, so I doubt it.

And why is everyone making threads today simply to brag about having a girlfriend?
Sell it, he probably wouldn't know how to take somebody to a civil court+if he does he should know it will cost more than the ring to do so
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
why doesn't she take him to court? or tell him that is he doesn't pay her she'll sell the ring?
D;
Quote by guns_rosesldb

Selling someone else's class ring seems pretty low. How much money is owed? How much money could you get for the ring? Be the bigger man and just give the ring back. Tell your girlfriend you'll make it up to her by taking her out multiple times. Life's too short to deal with stupid shit like this.
No, it was a gift. Legally, once you give something as a gift, title is transferred to the receiver upon acceptance of said gift. I believe the term is implied contract, but I haven't taken a business law course in a while.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
idk ill ask my C.I teach tomorrow and get back to ya
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by KwikKopy
Selling someone else's class ring seems pretty low. How much money is owed? How much money could you get for the ring? Be the bigger man and just give the ring back. Tell your girlfriend you'll make it up to her by taking her out multiple times. Life's too short to deal with stupid shit like this.

QFT.

End thread.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
who wants to buy a class ring with someone elses name engraved on it??
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by KwikKopy

Low =/= illegal. The other guy owes her money, he's the one who needs to be the bigger man. The girl's just getting what she's owed, by selling one of her possessions.

Let him take her to court, it'll be hilarious when he loses.

Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
who wants to buy a class ring with someone elses name engraved on it??

Who's never heard of a pawn shop?
You're*
If he willingly gave her the ring, and said so, that's a verbal contract, and is legally binding.

The ring is legally her's now, and she can do with it what she pleases to do with it.
Quote by KwikKopy

Do this.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by MattIsTheCosby
If he willingly gave her the ring, and said so, that's a verbal contract, and is legally binding.

The ring is legally her's now, and she can do with it what she pleases to do with it.

^This was it. I must have been thinking of implied warranty, I can't believe I forgot it was called a verbal contract. I feel bad now.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
im just curious how much are you going to get for a class ring that is engraved for him?
ahh...melt the ring down, that's what they'll do when you sell it, it'll be worth probably only 50 bucks unless it's gold. It's hard to call a melted piece of metal yours in a court room.
And that's if he hadn't given it to her in the first place, it's safe to sell.