I maked a guitar body from scratch but I got into it and didnt measure the neck scale from the nut to the floyd, it measure 26 inches...its that going to affects the sound a lot??? some info about my problem?
It can cause some serious issues. It depends on the scale the fretboard was made for. If its a 26" scale fretboard your in luck. Unlikely as Ive never seen a 26" scale guitar. If its a 25.5 scale neck then it will never intonate or tune right or a 24.75" or 25". Where the bridge is positioned is one of those things you measure 5 times before you drill any holes.
so Im going to have to put a wooden block on the floyd and pickups routs and rout them again!!!!right?
Steps to correct your problem:

1) Learn English.
2) Be really sure you've got step one down.
3) Just make extra sure you practiced step one a lot.

From here there are two options:

A) Make a 26" scale neck yourself.
B) Relocate the bridge so you have a normal scale length.

What you said will work, but I just love to be thorough in my assistance.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
^
Lay off him, English probably isn't his first language

Double check the scale length of the neck you have installed, then double check the nut - bridge measurement, its unlikely that the FR will give you 1/2" of travel to meet the most likely 25.5" scale length but hey, measure anyway.

You could either move the bridge or replace the neck, although I'm quite intrigued as to how you managed to build a guitar and place the bridge with out checking the scale length of everything thoroughly...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
post pictures of this. maybe your neck pocket isnt far enough into the body. if you made the body yourself, it should be easy to modify. take your router and drop the pocket 1/2" toward the bridge. move the easier of the two parts (neck vs bridge).
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Find the scale of the fretboard then get back to us. Stewmac has a really good calculator for the measurements. And routing the neck pocket a little would be alot easier than moving the FR.
Ill try to move the neck but if that doesnt work ill just start putting some wooden blocks on the holes I made. im also gona get some pics...y el canadience de mierda se puede meter en el culo de su madre puertorrican style
you'll do nothing of the sort to anyone's mother, so you gtfo sir.

GTFO.

seriously, that's a terrible thing to say. and it's gross that puertoricans would do that to their own mother.

more to come on that later.
------

Shwiggity.
Last edited by deftonesordie at Nov 13, 2008,
lol, i've got no idea what you said^^

Anyway... You wont/ will not route the body for the neck. First measure the distance between the nut and the 12th fret. Double that measurement. That is how far away from the nut the part of the saddles on the bridge where the string first meets should be. Put the neck in the right position so that the distance between the bridge saddles and the 12th fret is exactly the same as the distance betweent the nut and the 12th fret. You will find that there will be a gap between the neck and the body. You will have to redrill the holes for the neck and get a small piece of wood (shim) and put it in between the neck and the body (here) and glue it in, sand it level with the body and paint over it.

EDIT: Also, if the scale length is wrong you will have many tuning problems...
here's a hint (and by no means do i speak spanish, but when i see 'mierde' and 'madre' (shit and mother, respectively) and 'puertorican style' i'm disgusted even before i get it translated.

as for you, juanito:

It's the scum like you on this planet who can't take a joke, and always go too far, even in the most casual of situations. It's those exact people who destroy society from the core, and rot it from the inside out. I'd highly reccommend you pull your head out of your ass far enough that you can get a reality check, and realize that not everyone in this world is out to fight you.

I sincerely hope you know enough english to read this, and will realize that if you keep this bullshit up, you'll be in over your head in a situation much less casual than that of this forum.

I'm done with you, sir, and I bid you good day.
------

Shwiggity.
yeah right...bueno bueno aplauso al pendejo...los puertorriqueños hacemos mas q tu y a demas esto es un forum de personas no animales no estamos pa hablar estupideses solo para aprender si te sientes solo en este mundo y necesitas ser el mas payaso a nadie le interesa...Im just asking for help...at least I know 2 languages and play better than you!
i translated all of that and well, thats completely out of line.thats breaking rule one,.

1. Don?t be an asshole. Don?t flame people, don?t take the piss out of other people?s opinions/possessions. Treat people with respect and don?t say things that make others feel insignificant

for that you will be reported sir.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Hey. Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S. Learn English first. Then any other of your obscure dialects. (see spanish, French, and Chinese for references)

There's a Goddamn reason why your flag has red, white, and blue with a star on it!
Weekend Warrior
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Nov 13, 2008,
and this is a really stupid fight...but anyway, thanks for everyone that helped me with my stupid guitar neck problem...
Quote by juanito3
tell that to miss Canada...i just wanted to learn not to be taken as a fool

Well you did it the wrong way. You're really unlucky my cousin is Spanish, because now I know what you said.

The hell is the matter with you? I'm reporting you for that second post. You are disgusting.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.