I'm not making any assumptions, but I thought this Why Go - Pearl Jam's intro bass riff sounded a lot like the groove main riff in The End of the Line. Could've been a mistake, could've been something else... but it sounds very similar.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WfrJCbol7ZU - Pearl Jam 00:04

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=jGgn0vxRiKs - Metallica 00:42

*Flame Shield*
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
There are a limited amount of notes, right? Therefore, there are a limited amount of riffs, particularly ones that sound good to the ear. It's probably a coincidence.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
There are a limited amount of notes, right? Therefore, there are a limited amount of riffs, particularly ones that sound good to the ear. It's probably a coincidence.

Yeah that's what I thought. Just wanted to post it to hear what people thought about similar riffs and stealage. Personally as long as it is cited I think it's fine.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
First off, this belongs in the Metallica thread. Secondly, I think they're making such stale music right now, that this only goes to show you how dull it really is. I don't think it's stolen at all even though it's practically note for note, it's just Metallica writing boring riffs. I like Ten and that sort of riff fits there. Doesn't fit for Metallica though.
I've found Jesus
They're not stealing.

There is a difference between thievery and unoriginality.

Can you guess which one Metallica so graciously falls under?

Oh, and Metallica thread. Hurf durf.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Nov 11, 2008,
Unoriginal band steals unoriginal riff - what a shocker!
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Nov 11, 2008,