I recently bought my girlfriend a Dean Edge 09 bass, i know their not top of the line lol but its just to see if she can get into playing. anyway, the E and A cord buzz noticablly when they are played open, ive dont everything from adjusting the Truss Rod, to even laying a layer of super glue on the nut (which seemed to be cut too much) anyway by ear it sounds like its the bridge, any help?
Did you buy it at a shop? Because it may be the strings. I bought a guitar at a shop and it buzzed like that, and after a quick change of strings it was good as new.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
It has barrel saddles, right? Take a tiny allen wrench and turn the screws on each side of the appropriate saddles to raise the strings a little
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
i'd adjust the saddles before i'd even TOUCHED the truss rod.

that being said, adjust the saddles a little higher, and see if that makes a difference.
------

Shwiggity.
The truss rod doesn't do much for action unless there is something wrong with the neck.

How come people never take heed the instructions that come with their guitars? It always tells you, in one way or another, don't **** with the truss rod.

Do what deftones said. That is how you fix action...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Oh wow, you didn't check try adjusting the truss rod? I thought that everybody knew how to do that....

Now I feel dumb for adding my suggestion

EDIT: I meant saddles. I just realized my statement was completely contradictory to what everyone else who was probably right said.
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
a kazoo will rock some ass for like 85 cents.

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Krik harmret cuz he can prey der gertur wit te wurr wurr pedar!!

http://www.myspace.com/caledonia
Last edited by bombsquadjunky at Nov 15, 2008,
yes, i adjusted the saddles, the nut on the 2 vibrating strings looks pretty messed up tho
try the strings, if it still buzzes, take it to a shop and get the nut replaced, maybe upgrade it if you wanted. keep the new strings on, either way.
------

Shwiggity.
yes i did try adjusting the saddles and i even raised them as high as they can go and theirs still buzz.
Then replace the strings, and if you think there is something wrong with the nut, replace it.

Keep in mind you probably right ****ed it up when you adjusted the truss rod for no good reason.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.