ahh well...i just dropped my phone in a nice big bowl of cereal milk...it's an lg vx8500 chocolate....i let it dry out and it comes on....but it's still freaking out so i took the battery off and i'm letting it air dry under a fan for the rest of tonight...when it was on i tried calling someone to see if it'd still work and they said my voice was extremely muffled. I know verizon won't replace water damaged phones but this is where my question comes in, what does the water mark thing on the back of the phone look like after it's had water on it? Right now they're just white circles with little x's on them, this is exactly what they looked like before, but maybe a little darker. What exactly happens to them once they have had water on them?

So basically all thats wrong with my phone is....the soft keys freak out and I can't use them, and the microphone you speak into is somewhat screwed up.

tl;dr: what does the water mark test on the back of the phone/battery look like when it's had water on it?
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
lolchocolatemilk
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
lmao....never thought of it like that...but i suppose your right

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Doesn't matter. They'll know, and they won't replace it. Period. Even if the things aren't activated, phones don't just randomly contract water damage symptoms.

Plus it's gonna smell like milk and have milk in it.
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Doesn't matter. They'll know, and they won't replace it. Period. Even if the things aren't activated, phones don't just randomly contract water damage symptoms.

Plus it's gonna smell like milk and have milk in it.

yes, your probably right, but i think it's at least worth a try. What's the worst they can say? No?...it's just very frustrating because I use this phone everyday with my job...as in...I have to have it...and I can't afford another one right now -_-

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
Quote by theking182
lolchocolatemilk

HAHAHA NICEEEE.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
you wrecked it by turning it on nub. If you ever get electronics in water or anything, you have to remove battery/open it up and let it dry for at least 3 days, if not longer. The internal components hold water in them and need to dry out.

If you turn it on when it's not dried out internally, it fries the components and makes it fudged up.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
TS, you know this entire thread is going to be about the chocolate milk pun now, right?

But seriously, the watermarks already kicked in. The dark circles around the x's appear after the water damage.
Quote by MattIsTheCosby
TS, you know this entire thread is going to be about the chocolate milk pun now, right?

But seriously, the watermarks already kicked in. The dark circles around the x's appear after the water damage.

haha then i will consider the chocolate milk joke my contribution to ug

but seriously...i just looked closely at it...there are no dark circles around the x's or the water marks....they're just white with redish-purple x's like before...maybe only a little darker

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
Google it, I hear there are watermarks inside of the phone too, lots of people are saying they go bright pink when in contact with water.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
i'm wondering if had time to seep in around the battery, it seems to form a fairly tight seal and it was submerged for only a couple seconds...no more than 3, as soon as i heard it splash i got it out. I realize that it probably doesn't take much water to activate them, but is it possible that the milk didn't have time to get in the battery compartment? when i took the battery off there wasn't any milk in it

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa
how the hell did u drop ur phone in a bowl of cereal
why were u using it above cereal
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
you did it wrong!!! you are supposed to use Coco Puffs to turn your cereal milk chocolate not phones
Quote by CoF-Dean
how the hell did u drop ur phone in a bowl of cereal
why were u using it above cereal

haha, the phone was sitting next to my leg on my bed....and there was a bowl of milk from the cereal i ate earlier on the floor next to my bed, forgot about my phone and got up to go take a piss and when i got up, my leg pushed the phone off the bed into the bowl of milk

Quote by snow blind

Quote by Kiffa