... Yeah as i stated in the title im planning on getting a seven string for a few reasons.
but
the guitars i am planning on buying are either the:

Schecter Damien 7

or

Ibanez RG7321.

Ive played the Ibanez but the guitar store by me doesnt have a damien only a hellraiser which i did play and both were very nice.

i havent been able to find any pictures comparing the damiens neck to the rgs and was just wondering if it was a thinner neck.

both guitars seem really nice (i plan on upgrading the pickups on whichever i get though) so let me know if you have one and which one you think i should get
depends on what you plan on playing.
im not a big fan of the Damien so id probably go for the ibanez
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
well i like playing my music really really heavy haha. its the chuggy chuggy stuff is the main reason im buying this guitar since i have my esp explorer that il do riffing and stuff on
The question is did you really like the Ibanez neck?, did it feel rather nice?, was it ok?, did it cause any pain?

If you really liked the ibanez neck then I can almost certainly say you would prefer the Ibanez to the Schecter. If the Ibanez neck was in any way uncomfortable or caused you wrist pain, it is probably too flat for you and I could say you would certainly prefer the schecter.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
im in the same boat...i am looking at the hellraiser c7 cuz it doesnt seem as cheap? maybe i dont know. I havent played it yet, only the ibanez. I DO like the price on the ibanez at GC....who knows. i still kind of hard to make a purchase after i just got a gibson explorer but we'll see i guess.....ill just watch this thread
you really get good quality for the price your paying for schecters. and with ibanez you really need to spend the big bucks to get something decent. especially with there tremolos horrible horrible horrible unless its a prestige with the edge zero
Guitars
Jackson js30rr 6-string fixed bridge
Schecter Demon 6-sting fixed bridge
Ibanez RGR421EXFM 6-string fixed bridge
Amplifiers/Pedals
Peavy Envoy 110 40watt
Boss ML-2 Metal Core Distortion Pedal
MXR KFK-1 Ten Band Equalizer
Quote by MESAexplorer
The question is did you really like the Ibanez neck?, did it feel rather nice?, was it ok?, did it cause any pain?

If you really liked the ibanez neck then I can almost certainly say you would prefer the Ibanez to the Schecter. If the Ibanez neck was in any way uncomfortable or caused you wrist pain, it is probably too flat for you and I could say you would certainly prefer the schecter.

i really did like the ibanez neck since its thinner yet thicker. if you get what i mean. but in quality terms. when i compare the two which would last me longer?
and how much fatter are damien necks?
Ibanez imo.

In case you care for additional guitars, check this one out: (I'm gonna get it later on!)

http://www.rondomusic.com/hornetpro7wh.html
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by Guitar Skater
why did you rule out LTD?

the stephen carpenter model is amazing

i havent even checked it out but i already have my esp ltd going for me.
and since ibanezs pump out most of the seven strings i had originally wanted them but then played a hellraiser at the store.

il check out the ltd but most likely itl be too much
well if you want the darker sound im pretty sure the schecter would be better at that
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
the neck of the Damien is pretty much the same as the hellraiser, 15.7 inch fretboard radius, 21mm thick at the first fret, 22.5mm at the 12th fret. so that's 2mm thicker than the ibanez if memory serves.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
the neck of the Damien is pretty much the same as the hellraiser, 15.7 inch fretboard radius, 21mm thick at the first fret, 22.5mm at the 12th fret. so that's 2mm thicker than the ibanez if memory serves.

boy you sure do know your stuff haha. thanks man or female. lol
Im either Getting a ibanez rg7321 or schecter c7 or Schecter omen 7.
I Have An tricked out Ibanez rg3ex1 and i love it but i played my uncles schecter c1 elite and i dont like the neck as much but maybe im just used to my rg
The damien has a longer scale neck, so it holds the low tunings better. I've had both and I still have my Schecter. Much better than the Ibanez in my opinion. Also look at Jacksons, I love my 7 string Rhoads...there somewhere inbetween the two in terms of necks.

Hope that helps.
GEAR

Schecter C8 Hellraiser
Jackson RR7R
Parker P-40
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

For Sale/Trade:

ESP Ltd MV-200
Fallen Angel 40DSP
Are you buying new? If you are, saving up a little more can get you a Schecter Blackjack (if you like the Schecter neck) or a RG7620 (discontinued, but pretty awesome regardless).
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?