Okay, I had a little static in one of my Ruby outputs in my Triamp so I replaced the Rubies with Svetlanas. These tube are perfect for this amp. I was torn between these and Tung Sol which I usually use. I like the Triamp partly because the thing sounds so damn good at low volumes without an attenuator. The Svetlanas break up early and very progressively. They have a huge mid roar, but the amp sounds very crisp and detailed at the highest gain settings which is really ton of gain on this amp in channel 3 and more than anyone could possibly need for any style of music. The highs are very detailed and this amp and my cab never had any issues with lows. The tubes are not dark and muddy sounding like the JJs. Tung Sol may have a little more low end, but my amp did not need it and the mids and highs are just perfect. The tubes are not bright by any stretch and nothing like the SEDs in that respect. The tubes also break up quicker than the SEDs or Tung Sol, but stay crystal clear on my clean channels 1a and 1b.

I was not sure I could improve on the Triamp sound, but damn. This is it. Perfection. Definitely give the tubes a try in a high gain head using EL34s.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
I'd copy and past that and drop it in the tube stickie, then delete this thread. It's a good post, but it belongs in the tube sticky.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
No offense, but that thing needs some organization. There is no way to go through it find information on specific products without spending hours reviewing a bunch information that might not be applicable.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
You don't have to go through the whole thread, if you post a well though out review Roc will put it on the front page.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not