i was curious to know how hard it would be to make a channel select for an amp. In particular, the Fender Hot Rod series. A lot of the amps on ebay et-al do not come with the pedal. From my experience with the marshal, having the pedal right there to click into why soloing etc is a must... so... can a pedal be made from generic parts on your own cheaper than it would be to buy a pedal for 40$?
Quote by Dan_M_G
i was curious to know how hard it would be to make a channel select for an amp. In particular, the Fender Hot Rod series. A lot of the amps on ebay et-al do not come with the pedal. From my experience with the marshal, having the pedal right there to click into why soloing etc is a must... so... can a pedal be made from generic parts on your own cheaper than it would be to buy a pedal for 40$?

probably. but it's still gonna cost something.

you need:

a box (try to find a sturdy one that has a wedge shape)
2 push-push switches
stereo cable
stereo plug

optional: 2 LEDs

you can buy a Vox 2 button footswitch for $25
you can buy an Ibanez 2 button footswitch with LEDs for $30
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well... if you built your box from parts ordered from PedalParts.com or whatever it is (too lazy to look up the link). you can get a cheap, metal box for fairly cheap, it doesn't have to be a "wedge," it can be whatever you want. That's like... 10 bucks, tops. two on/off switches (shouldn't need to be anything more than a "stereo" switch, I can't thinkg of the real name...) and a stereo output. Jeez, I've got that stuff sitting around my apartment. Well, not the box... and only 1 switch, but... I could gut my "tone" pedal and use that to make a footswitch. You're looking at a $20 for parts, not including the stereo cable.

If you don't have a soldering iron, solder and the desoldering braid... look to spend another $15-40 and then another $20 on the cable.... yeah, just buy a Vox VFS2, that's what I've got for my marshall AND vox, and it works fine.