I own a Valve King Halfstack with a 100W head and a 4x12 cab and i am looking to upgrade my speakers in the cab. I play mostly metal, brutal metal, and metalcore but would like for the speakers to have a good clean sound.

Im thinking maybe Eminence but im not sure...

Any suggestions?
What kind of cab? What speakers are in there now, and what's wrong with them?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
What kind of cab? What speakers are in there now, and what's wrong with them?

Its just the peavy cab that comes woth the head. The're just valveking speakers as far as i know. Theres nothing technically wrong with them ive just been told swapping out speakers can give you a better tone and right out of the box my tone is not what im looking for.
Is the amp new? Did you order online or something? Very honestly, tube/speakers swaps can only get you so far, and if you don't like the amp out of the box, then maybe it's not the right amp for you. So, if it's new, I'd consider returning it and buying something else. If that's impossible, then I guess it is time to start looking at upgrades.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I know this is quite a standard answer, but I love my VK with a Vintage 30, they are really great speakers. They handle TEh l3rOOt4lZ just fine.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Is the amp new? Did you order online or something? Very honestly, tube/speakers swaps can only get you so far, and if you don't like the amp out of the box, then maybe it's not the right amp for you. So, if it's new, I'd consider returning it and buying something else. If that's impossible, then I guess it is time to start looking at upgrades.

Yes the amp is new. Im working on getting some OD/Equalizer pedals to help better my sound and i have just heard that you can swap your speakers to get a better tone also. i was just wondering if there were any speakers out there that are better than the stock ones that come in the Valve King.
you might just be better off buying a new cab, something cheap but decent like an Avatar 4x12 loaded with Celestion v30s or g12t-75s would probably run you about the same as a quad of Celestion v30s or g12t-75s alone. And then you're getting a better cabinet as well as better speakers.

I just don't see the point of putting good speakers into a cheap box, when you could buy a better cab for not much more.