It hurts me to tell you all, that this is another homework help thread.

Due to my misunderstanding of my semester reading assignment, I find myself in quite the pickle. I've asked some friends about it, and they all seem to agree, but anyway to get to the point.

I have to read Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea, by Thomas Cahill and write a paper over it. The book focuses on Greek influence on certain cultural aspects by chapter, and I have to evaluate the significance of Greek influence for four of the five topics. The problem is, although it is a decent book, and is quite informative I find that it the chapters lack real support for their claims.

If anyone is familiar with the book, can you point me in the right direction. I don't really see specific examples for the topics (most notably how to think). Anyone who isn't do you know of any good websites with in depth book reviews other than cliff and spark notes?

I also can't use outside sources.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by ifeastonbums

I also can't use outside sources.

Doesn't UG fall under that category?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i'm half greek. does that help?

tons!

edit: on outside sources: I can't site them, and all the information I use has to come from the book
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
Pictures or it didn't happen!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by ifeastonbums
tons!

edit: on outside sources: I can't site them, and all the information I use has to come from the book

Then you can't really use us either, unless someone has read the book. To use us as a source, you'd need someone to back up a claim somehow, with a website most likely, which you can't do. Therefore, someone who's read the book is the only person who can help you.
Quote by st.stephen
Then you can't really use us either, unless someone has read the book. To use us as a source, you'd need someone to back up a claim somehow, with a website most likely, which you can't do. Therefore, someone who's read the book is the only person who can help you.

i was hoping someone had read it. i've heard that some other schools assign it.
Quote by brandonian

Quote by unplugtheradio