It can, but there's no rule in not using both. I use both and an EQ is really helpful for sorting out things with the boost on in some situations, say a TS has a real nasily midrange thing, an EQ can refine that into something else if you like.
well i guess using both would be slightly overkill. Which do you prefer in the 6505? I had serious harsh and fizzy problems with the 6505 for a while but using a properly broken in speaker changed it dramatically, so im just trying to add to that.
overkill? NONSENSE.

an EQ pedal has more of a dramatic impact on tone than TS, so you can imagine that it can be a pretty important part of your sound.

get both, that's how you maximize your sound's potential. i plan on getting an MXR 6 band (maybe a 10 band if i have the extra cash) as the next pedal in my quality collection lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Caparisoner
well i guess using both would be slightly overkill. Which do you prefer in the 6505? I had serious harsh and fizzy problems with the 6505 for a while but using a properly broken in speaker changed it dramatically, so im just trying to add to that.

I use both, there's no overkill at all. It's just altering the tone. I had fizziness problems when I first got my 6505 and tried it with nothing but a noise gate, but I don't have any problems with it now. I think it was just the brand new factory tubes needing to be worn in a bit, and it got much better over time and eq'ing it differantly with the EQ pedal and on the amp itself.