Page 1 of 2
I've always been interested in different kinds of music. My tastes are very open. So being the naturally diverse person of music I am, I've always wanted to hear some good metal.

Only one problem. Satan scares the shit out of me (I think his job, but w/e). And my mom probably won't appreciate me blasting any blasphemous music out of my room. I'd actually like to stay away from everything anti- or pro- religion.

So, is there any metal that doesn't have anything to do with religion, murder, cannibals, baby-murdering cannibals, and megadeathrape?
Judas Priest.

EDIT: Check out power metal also. They usually don't have lyrics about that stuff.
listen to some megadeth...lots about politics and war, and a bit of religion here and there but mostly politics.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by thecoolestninja

...religion, murder, cannibals, baby-murdering cannibals, and megadeathrape?

Sounds like metal to me. Try P.O.D., pretty clean, dunno for sure about religion. I like them.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by brandon369852
Any metal you don't hear about.

+1 to this, 75% of metal has nothing to do with any of the things you mentioned but the Rec Thread in the metal forum is always a good place to start.

Quote by samskii
Sounds like metal to me. Try P.O.D., pretty clean, dunno for sure about religion. I like them.

P.O.D are pure christian nu-metal; very religious if you actually look.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by fugume
metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer

Who cares? It's music. I listen to Satanic music and I listen to Christian music. Doesn't mean I have to believe in their message, I just dig their tunes.
You're*
Well most of it isn't actually Satanic at all...

but you gave criteria about lyrics so I would advise something in either the Power, Traditional, or Progressive metal genres

If you want to listen to a death metal band with non-offensive lyrics (supposedly, i haven't yet checked) then listen to Lykathea Aflame

EDIT- I haven't listened to them yet, but Gojira is another death metal band that I heard sings about the environment and stuff...
Last edited by eddiethehead888 at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by samskii

P.O.D. is Christian. And Nu-Metal.

TS, your view is very biased at the moment. Go read up on the FAQs in the metal forum.
Christian Metal?

I'm sure it exists.

JESUS IS PURITY!!!!!! KILL SATAN!!!!

Something of that nature...

(I apologize if I offended anyone)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by thecoolestninja
icwatudidthar

They're actually very clean in terms of lyrics. Not a lot of religious stuff either.
Quote by thecoolestninja
I've always been interested in different kinds of music. My tastes are very open. So being the naturally diverse person of music I am, I've always wanted to hear some good metal.

Only one problem. Satan scares the shit out of me (I think his job, but w/e). And my mom probably won't appreciate me blasting any blasphemous music out of my room. I'd actually like to stay away from everything anti- or pro- religion.

So, is there any metal that doesn't have anything to do with religion, murder, cannibals, baby-murdering cannibals, and megadeathrape?

Look up old school heavy metal and you will find love.

Diamond head
Raven
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Tank

and pretty much anything you'd find related in the youtube videos
Quote by thecoolestninja

Only one problem. Satan scares the shit out of me (I think his job, but w/e).

Dude he isnt that scary, he is actually a really nice dude!!!!
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
Quote by Survivalism

Who cares? It's music. I listen to Satanic music and I listen to Christian music. Doesn't mean I have to believe in their message, I just dig their tunes.

so true, people who think metal music is some kinda portal to hell are f***ing stupid
i don't know if you want to count metalcore bands, but all that remains is pretty non-offensive, as their lyrics deal mostly with personal struggle and that sort of message
I'd say 99.9% of those bands(I don't say 100% because I'm sure theres BOUND to be one out there) use death growls or screams, or some other kind of vocal style normal people(your mom) wouldn't be able to understand, so what's the problem?
Quote by Putrefaction
I'd say 99.9% of those bands(I don't say 100% because I'm sure theres BOUND to be one out there) use death growls or screams, or some other kind of vocal style normal people(your mom) wouldn't be able to understand, so what's the problem?

Also, you could just use headphones...
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Cynic

If your mom has a problem with any of those bands, then she's insane.

Holy Blood=good christian folk metal.
Quote by Avedas

Shows how much i know. I'm not much of a metal guy.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Wintersun

Alestorm

Amorphis

Adorned Brood
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by Avedas

TS, your view is very biased at the moment. Go read up on the FAQs in the metal forum.

I know there is plenty of non-offensive metal stuff, but I just can't find any. I'm really not a very biased guy. I just don't see anything lol.
Lamb of God? No evil messages I hear, but there is an awesome use of bad language.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by thecoolestninja
I know there is plenty of non-offensive metal stuff, but I just can't find any. I'm really not a very biased guy. I just don't see anything lol.

Listen to Progressive Metal then.

It's all about the music in prog...
Most metal lyrics are usually completely meaningless or has nothing to do with religion/violence, so I don't think you should really worry about.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by dubes216
Dude he isnt that scary, he is actually a really nice dude!!!!

He bought my soul for a really large sum of money.

great deal, i'd say.

oh, and if you're into more technical stuff, look up Architects, Iwrestledabearonce*, Dillinger Escape Plan, and The Number 12 Looks Like You.

* Just discovered these guys, a little extreme but i LOVE their combination of the offbeat fusion and grind.

DEFTedit: ^^ I think you mean Prague

heh heh... Prague metal.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by fugume
metallica, megadeth, anthrax, slayer

lol slayer the band with songs with titles like god hates us all
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
or u can always listen to punk ...or even crust.

listen to municipal waste
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
If you want more modern stuff, without screaming, check out Dream Theater, Symphony X, and Cynic.

Also, it's more like shoegaze black metal, but Alcest is amazing. It's like happy, nostalgic black metal with singing.
Quote by frottage
If you want more modern stuff, without screaming, check out Dream Theater, Symphony X, and Cynic.

Also, it's more like shoegaze black metal, but Alcest is amazing. It's like happy, nostalgic black metal with singing.

Lol, i guess you got the thread wrong so I have to quote you again in this thread...

Anyway, Last time I checked Cynic was a death metal band...
If you want a good first metal song, try out the song "The faded line" by Lamb of god. It's a good one to pop yer metal cherry.
Quote by eddiethehead888
Lol, i guess you got the thread wrong so I have to quote you again in this thread...

Anyway, Last time I checked Cynic was a death metal band...

Their new album has less growling... And they're not really death metal in the same sense as... Cannibal Corpse, or Atheist, or Pestilence or something. They're more prog/tech metal.
Page 1 of 2