Hey guys,
Im looking at getting an effects pedal under $150 AUD and see the digitech rp-50 on sale for 100. Sound pretty good, just want clarification from anyone who has used it or has one themselves.

Thanks U-G
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
I have a Digitech RP-250, and I don't like it. It's nice to mess around with the various available effects, but the pedal is just too digital to get any good sound out of it.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
I used a friends today and i felt like I was going to crush it under my foot, it sounds ok but I have the RP-250 and it sounds great with a nice amp. It also has an expression pedal which I find pretty useful.
zoom g2

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I've got a 250 too, but i like it. it's great for someone that doesn't wanna spend an arm and a leg on single stompboxes, but it does sound pretty digital.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
im pretty sure it was 50 not 250 but im sure they sound the same, just less effects/different effects, yeh?
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
The 250 has an actual pedal, whereas the 50 just has buttons
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
The 250 has an actual pedal, whereas the 50 just has buttons

do you mean like rp-50 has 2 pedals, one for down an effect and one up such as http://www.drumpower.com.au/store/product.php?productid=219

and the 250 has one pedal off the the side still with 2 selector thingo's?
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
I have an RP250 as well as a bunch of other better pedals, but the 250 is still decent for effects. Don't use it for distortion though because it sounds like a cat being brutally beaten with a bat.
hahahaha look at all you people posting on this forum
Quote by KingGohma
Don't use it for distortion though because it sounds like a cat being brutally beaten with a bat.

sounds a fair bit like my neighbour and her 10 or so crying, whining cats hehe
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
The RP50 isn't a bad pedal and is fairly good value for the price. You get a large array of effects and while it can be fairly digital sounding at times you can get a decent tone out of it. Personally, I use it as a recording interface into my computer and it makes recording guitar a breeze.
Quote by BrockTandem
The RP50 isn't a bad pedal and is fairly good value for the price. You get a large array of effects and while it can be fairly digital sounding at times you can get a decent tone out of it. Personally, I use it as a recording interface into my computer and it makes recording guitar a breeze.

exactly what I asked thankyou very much, the clarification I needed.

Cheers mate, thread finished
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
I have one and to be completely truthful I really don't like it. I bought it when I had only just started playing and it didn't take me long to get over it.

I personally wouldn't recommend the RP-50 but thats just my opinion
I have a RP250 and love it. I've dropped it a couple of times and there's not a mark on it, but there's a little dent in the wooden floor. I really like the distortion, whammy and delay on it. It's dripping with so many differance sounds.
I play it through a Line 6 Spider III 15w (via the CD/MP3 in jack which bypasses the Spiders effects and pre-amp and a Vox AC30 when the wife and kids are out)

Go and do a Google on it and look at the reviews.

But I think the internal processors in the RP50 and RP250 are differant. I haven't played with a RP50 thou. I got the RP250 because of the many presets and of course the Expression pedal.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
The RP50 is ok if you want to mess around with a lot of generally useless effects. The distortion is pretty hidious, the delay is very muddled and confusing but there is a pretty funny yah-yah effect, you'll get about 2 minutes of laughs out of that.

Theres no way to switch between effects mid song without a lot of effort. The only thing I could do is for example: have a distorted sound on preset 2, a clean one on preset 1 and whatever other effect with the distortion on 3 so I could go up or down from 2. But there is a horrible pause when you switch effects which makes it completely useless for playing live and at practice.

Another thing, the buttons started to break on mine after about a month, and I was being gentle with them.. The thing feels like a childs toy..

In case you hadnt guessed already, I wouldnt recommend it. Unless you just want it for messing around in your bedroom, but even then you should save for something that sounds better.
the rp250 is great. If you have a good amp. Otherwise, it cn be a piece of ****
Anything too stupid to be said is sung.
I have an RP90 in my bedroom, and I just use the Spider as a speaker.
It sounds alright, but the distortion sounds horrible, and I have yet to dial any tone at all, no matter what you do, something always seems off. I've spent days trying to get a good Black Stone Cherry sound, none yet. Okay for a first pedal though, surprisingly easy to use.
i have yet to bring it to my garage though on the big baby...
Gear:

Agile AL-3000, Tribal Blue
Ibanez ART100, Silver
Gibson Epoch Les Paul
Cordoba C5 Classical
Peavey MX-VTX 130
Crate XT-120R
Digitech RP90

Check out my band: Come Forth
On myspace: Come Forth TX
I'm serious, stay the hell away from the digitech multi fx pedals. They are a stupid bitch to program, takes a good 20 minutes for one patch and that's not counting the tweaking you'll be doing to them often.. Save a bit more and get the BOSS ME-50. Digitech are too much of a pain in the ass to set. They sound ok, but not worth the wasted time.. Believe me.
Quote by Dog--
I'm serious, stay the hell away from the digitech multi fx pedals. They are a stupid bitch to program, takes a good 20 minutes for one patch and that's not counting the tweaking you'll be doing to them often.. Save a bit more and get the BOSS ME-50. Digitech are too much of a pain in the ass to set. They sound ok, but not worth the wasted time.. Believe me.

I would agree with this is the thread weren't so old.

Am I the only one that looked at the date or what?
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...