I have a quick question about the song wonderwall by oasis. All of the tabs I have seen say that you have to capo to play the song but in the music video none of the guitars appear to use capos. What gives? Are they just "acting" in the video? Also, why couldn't you just transpose the song so that you wouldn't have to use a capo? Thanks
Try putting that extra tension on your strings and you'll see why you don't want to play a song like that transposed for no capo.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Capo - Yes

Acting - Yes

Transposition - unless you have monstrous fingers and unheard of dexterity, you'll not be able to replicate the same chord forms, therefore, won't sound like the original.
just use the capo, i'm pretty sure that's the only way it's played unless you got some extra fingers
Music videos are just acting.
That video is actually a classic example because at one point Liam just stops playing his guitar all together, making no effort to look like he is playing!

I always played wonderwall with no capo, but if you put a capo on fret 2, you really do notice the CD sound coming out!
Be a real man and use a broken bottleneck as a capo.
hahahaha look at all you people posting on this forum
All musicvideo's are acted lol.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by TimboSlice
Capo - Yes

Acting - Yes

Transposition - unless you have monstrous fingers and unheard of dexterity, you'll not be able to replicate the same chord forms, therefore, won't sound like the original.

This is all correct.
Quote by KingGohma
Be a real man and use a broken bottleneck as a capo.

How the ef does that work?
Wouldn't that be more suited for a slide?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
All musicvideo's are acted lol.

soundgarden - edited *can't find the music video*

pretty sure that ones not acted at all.