Poll Options
View poll results: Which Job?
Temporary, higher-paying Electronics super store
8 14%
Permanant, 50 cents less, movie theatre
50 86%
Voters: 58.
So here's the deal.

So far I've been working with circuit city (electronics super store, iPods, stereo's, DVDS, and games for those who don't know) for about two weeks.
Its pretty easy. But it's only seasonal, which in other words means unless I'm better than the 37 other seasonal employees, I'll be layed off come the end of the year.

Today I was just offered a job at AMC (movie theater) which is awesome because I get to see all the free movies I want, and bring up to 6 guests I believe. It offers .50 less than my position at circuit city BUT this one is permanent.

The downfall is that I have to work nights and weekends the entire time I keep this job, and there is no chance for a pay raise unless I make assistant manager or something.

Both are part time, and both are nights and weekends.
So what would you do?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Have the 2 fight to the death to see which is better.

But yeah, I think the movies is better.
I'd say AMC, but that's only because I love movies so much and I'd like to see them for free instead of paying 12 dollars
Quote by _testament_
I'd say AMC, but that's only because I love movies so much and I'd like to see them for free instead of paying 12 dollars

That's actually the biggest selling point for me. I LOVE the movies and I am SO BROKE its not even funny.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

^ yeah honestly, I've gone to amc three weekends in a row and I swear I spend 30 dollars per night. It's 12 dollars to get in and popcorn and a drank is like 20 bucks.
no circuit city.....they just closed over 2000 stores nationwide
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Quote by darklite41
no circuit city.....they just closed over 2000 stores nationwide

I'm pretty sure its only 155, and thats the thing is the manager was telling us he wasn't even sure if he was going to open his doors tomorrow. (Not literally, but you get what I'm saying).

But I mean the store I'm working at ranks as the 3rd highest profit or something like that (in california at least).
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

AMC ftw. free movies = win win win
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
yeah dont go down with the circuit city ship its sinking atm
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by flightX
cast my vote for suicide both suck find something better

Given the state of America's current economy, I'm damn lucky to have even this.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

AMC, Although it pays less, its permanent and you get to watch all the free movies you want ! And It'll make you popular if you tell people that you can take 6 people in for free !
Gear :
Schecter Damien V-FR
Ibanez V70
Line 6 Spider III 15
Quote by Hanato
New BC Rich Guitar ?!
Why would you want a guitar that similtanously scratchs your arse, picks your nose and kills the guy next to you

Child Molester

|

|

|

|

V
Quote by hightension01
um dude

Circuit city has just literally filed Bankruptcy
it was on The feed on Attack of the Show on G4

thats a trustable source

go to amc before you get laid off

Chapter 11 bankruptcy actually, but they've recently gotten a loan which is mighty hard in this economy, so it's not a sure thing that the whole ship will tank... Just saying...

But yeah, I think I'd feel safer with AMC.

I think its pretty obvious then.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

Yeah AMC all day, if you're going to work nights and weekends you may as well get some free movies out of it. You'll make up for the .50 not in the pay check from free movies I'm sure.
im just gonna say

Circuit city<best buy<Ultimate Electronics

Edit:

god damnit Every Circuit city in The whole Valley of Arizona has been Closed

so yeah go to AMC

Circuit city f'n sucks
Last edited by hightension01 at Nov 12, 2008,
I have buddies who work at the movie theater in town, and they seem to like their jobs just fine.

I have got my way into a couple awesome screenings too, so it's really a win-win for your social circle, assuming you have one.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Fill your pockets with ipods and take the movie gig dude. Permanent, and much better conditions (this is from what my cousins and friends who work at the movies tell me)

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by Dudage
I have buddies who work at the movie theater in town, and they seem to like their jobs just fine.

I have got my way into a couple awesome screenings too, so it's really a win-win for your social circle, assuming you have one.

thanks.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

-- Arthur Honegger

The movies. "Staff Discounts" are a hell of alot better and there's more job security. Make the most of it though, watch as many movies as you can.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
Fill your pockets with ipods and take the movie gig dude. Permanent, and much better conditions (this is from what my cousins and friends who work at the movies tell me)

oh just gonna say

ive got a friend who works at a theater

and as long as no one sees you

theres craploads if dropped ipods and phones people lose
plus you will make more money in the long run at the movies because yes you will make less but you will work longer to make up for it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by hightension01
oh just gonna say

ive got a friend who works at a theater

and as long as no one sees you

theres craploads if dropped ipods and phones people lose

Is that a fact? Interesting...

I may have to apply for a job at a movie theater. My stingy bastard friends and cousins never mentioned that one haha

Sanity is not statistical
I'm disappointed in you thurston, your epic tea cup should get you endless wealth. Utilize it.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Knowing people who worked at a movie theater, you're going to be doing a lot more janitorial work and a lot less helping customers. I'd stay at circuit city until they tell you to leave. more pay, being a salesman>less pay, being a janitor.