i have been playin roughly for 3 years and i finally decided to try backing tracks to play along with and i discoverd that even if you kno the song and how to play the guitar for the song its still pretty dam difficult.ok now for the question lol will this help me much more than just knowing how to play the song or is it not very beneficial.and am i the only one that found it difficult to start playing backing tracks lol.

i mostly just want to kno if this whole backin track is anymore useful than just knowing how to play the song.because i have been told that playing backing tracks will skyrocket your playin.
08'er

nope. never had that experience.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

I don't know how it makes a difference but I use backing tracks sometimes anyway =D.
Well the backing track will help you stay on tempo more, i mean if you can play a song good, then you can play a song good. Theres no negatives about that. But playing with a backing track or a metronome is always a good thing
If you can't play with the backing track, you can't play the song right. Hence, I always always always use backing tracks, since I'm anal-retentive and a perfectionist.
You're*
Quote by Mr. Rittard
08'er

nope. never had that experience.

What the hell does it matter if he's an 08'er?? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Oh, sure, he's a noob, because of a date that he joined a guitar website.
Sigs are overrated.
Quote by dannyboy14
What the hell does it matter if he's an 08'er?? What the hell does that have to do with anything? Oh, sure, he's a noob, because of a date that he joined a guitar website.

It somehow makes people feel better that they've wasted more of their life than others on an internet message board.
You're*
Quote by dannyboy14

Yes (and by yes I mean I agree with you completely).

Ts, the reason you're experiencing this is because simply playing a song without anything to enforce precision and proper timing allows you to be sloppy and all over the place. It may sound good to you because there isn't anything for it to clash with, but you are failing to play it the way it should be played. Keep using them and work on making it sound right.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
wll lol i think but im not 100 percent sure see i play drums alot to i think my dam drum ear is causing static with my guitar ear..................<_< not sure wtf i just said but i hope you guys get it.and as for the 08 thing i had an account i started in 05 -06
but due to a divorce i no longer have that computer email or anything so i started over i didnt get on here for a while and when i went to i couldnt remember my pass but hey i was gone for like 6 months lol.but im back
ok m tired as hell when i said i was gone for 6 months i meant 6 months before i ever tried to log back on and i couldnt remember any of my stuff so i said screw it and went old school lol...................dam i need to sleep
I have been signed up longer than someone else! I must be better!
hahahaha look at all you people posting on this forum
If you can't play it in time, you can't play it well.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
well from the time i posted this thread till now ive actually got it eat that iron maiden thx for the input everyone even the ones that had negative input
Quote by spidermonkey198
well from the time i posted this thread till now ive actually got it eat that iron maiden thx for the input everyone even the ones that had negative input

Cry a ****ing river, if there was no negative input we'd all suck.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by spidermonkey198
wll lol i think but im not 100 percent sure see i play drums alot to i think my dam drum ear is causing static with my guitar ear..................<_< not sure wtf i just said but i hope you guys get it.and as for the 08 thing i had an account i started in 05 -06
but due to a divorce i no longer have that computer email or anything so i started over i didnt get on here for a while and when i went to i couldnt remember my pass but hey i was gone for like 6 months lol.but im back

apparently you didn't pick up any forum etiquette or language skills back then.. there is a little button at the bottom of your post that says EDIT! use it.
said thx asshole i wasnt being sarcastic i like negative input it can often be more constructive than positive input.so when sumone says thx if the next word out of your mouth isnt your welcome then keep it zipped..........................

you mean this button thx for reminding me lmao i kinda forgot about it
Quadruple post=insta win/mega fail
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by spidermonkey198
said thx asshole i wasnt being sarcastic i like negative input it can often be more constructive than positive input.so when sumone says thx if the next word out of your mouth isnt your welcome then keep it zipped..........................

you mean this button thx for reminding me lmao i kinda forgot about it

yup, and you're welcome. also, I think this is probably the wrong forum, but oh well.

as to your question, like said before, you need to work on your timing and rhythm, to help this, just play along with the actual song
i apoligize for that post but i promise everyone the sun will rise again tomarrow so lets forget about the post a mans been offline for a while he comes back and forgets sumthin.and sumthin so small and the world becomes a dam lynch mob.

SO AGAIN I APOLIGIZE. so how about someone here step up and do what we are all supposed to do and help people.
ok thank you horseman i appreciate the help

and again I AM SORRY IF I PISSED SOMEONE OFF WITH MY MULTIPLE POST.
Quote by spidermonkey198
ok thank you horseman i appreciate the help

and again I AM SORRY IF I PISSED SOMEONE OFF WITH MY MULTIPLE POST.

So you post a second post stating that you're sorry for posting said post?
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
yep i sure did sry bout that one.....................silence................hmmmmm the world goes on despite my 2x post

nah im just messin with ya fro i was gonna type at the end of that second post that it was just for laughs lol but i guess i forgot.sry i thought it might be funny but its not when i forgot to say it was a joke