I've been intently listening to Cream for the past week.
I rented Cream's Royal Albert Hall performance in 2005 and their Very Best version.

When I was putting White Room on my computer while I was just having a rest on the sofa, I instantly fell asleep.
And it was damn well an amazing nap.
The record kept going and I tried the same method the next day and it still works.
After a tired day, listening to Cream helped me relax.

Is this the effects of Psychedelic Rock?

Discuss
Maybe you're just tired.

Pavlov's dogs anyone?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Clapton's solos must have put you to sleep
Paul Gilbert

Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat

I find the same thing with Metallica, weirdly. I can always sleep really well if I play Metallica and then lay on my bed. I think if a piece of music is deep enough to draw you in, and focus your mind on only the song, then you achieve a mental peace that you can't get unless your well practiced at meditation. Well, that's my theory anyway
Quote by pawnshopguitars
I find the same thing with Metallica, weirdly. I can always sleep really well if I play Metallica and then lay on my bed. I think if a piece of music is deep enough to draw you in, and focus your mind on only the song, then you achieve a mental peace that you can't get unless your well practiced at meditation. Well, that's my theory anyway

I can agree with that.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I always find A Perfect Circle relaxes me.

Beautiful melodies do it for me.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
id say psychedelic stoner metal bands like electric wizard or orange goblin. pinl floyd, hendrix, cream and zeppelin do it for me as well
I can't fall asleep with any kind of music playing, I just end up analyzing it in my head.
(i.e. what kind of instruments, tonality, meter, etc.)
Paul Gilbert

Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat

INXS in a strange way.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I think the Flaming Lips is more relaxing than weed

one time i got hit in the finger with a hockey ball and the blood built up behind my fingernail and i was in so much pain and i took a whole lot of pain killers and they didnt work
then i started listening to the flaming lips and i somehow just forgot about the pain in my finger
it was crazy
Quote by pawnshopguitars

This.
Pink Floyd is amazing. Each song is weirdly put together, strange lyics that surprisingly have meanings, and if you relax while listening, you get into a trance

i <3 Floyd

I never was a Zeppelin man, although for me, their most relaxing and trippy song was Dazed and Confused
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by frankv
I'm listening to a Grateful Dead live show at the moment, I think they would be perfect for this.

zzz
Explosions in the Sky > Other Sleep Meds.

EITS can put me to sleep whenever, because they're so relaxing I guess.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard