Ok I don't know if this is the right section but I'm going to put it here anyway.

What is everyone's beef over tone?
I get that some amps just sound crap and some guitars just sound crap, but when people start having all these HUGE opinions over what sounds good, abusing and insulting people over what they have, and thinking that they are some sort of tone god, something has to be said.

Don't know if I'm the first person to bring this up or whatever but I just think it's time everyone ****ing addresses this.

Tone is a PERSONAL opinion, don't tell me what sounds good and what doesn't. Noone has any right to judge anyone else's because everyone has their own taste.
Sure have opinions, but keep them to yourselves for ****s sake. And don't just jump on the bandwagon either. You might think the Marshall MG's suck. Good for you, but some people might like the sound of them, so just keep it to yourself.

I have a Line 6 HD150 Head and i think it sounds mint. I also have a Marshall 2203KK Head so don't start on the whole 'I only play solid state and don't know tone' crap either.

Sorry to rant but it just pisses me off.

Anyone got any opinions?
Quote by Demonikk
Sig quotes can't be raised in captivity as you are trying to do, they must be taken from their natural environment, the vast plains of the pit for them to be truly beautiful

B# and E# exist. IN THEORY.
Prove me otherwise on your guitar.
Tone is not related to personal opinion. GOOD tone is, however.

Also...

*reported*
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I think that people that think Marshall MG's sound good just haven't developed an ear for tone yet. Eveyone at one point in time thinks that MG's sound good. I think that the HD150 head sounds pretty decent, when paired with a nice cab. The higher line 6 solid state amps have some really good sounds coming out of them. I thought my Peavey JSX sounded good, until I heard more expensive Tube Heads. Music is art, and honestly do it with whatever you have, as long as it sounds decent to you.

People just like to feel superior to others.
Especially UGers.

I myself think tube sounds much better, as far as dynamics, and at high volumes,
and I guess it also depends on what type of music you play/listen to.

I don't know, it's late. I'm rambling.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
When someone asks for opinions on an upgrade what do you expect? Opinions! If someone says they want some amp, and I think this amp is crap, I'm going to tell them that the amp is crap. If someone asks for a recommendation, I might give a tube amp because I think they sound better than most ss. Whenever you post something, you are asking for subjectivity.
I said opinions are fine. Obviously if someone asks you your going to tell them.

My post was referring to all the bashing and flaming that goes on.

Also why was I reported?
If its in the wrong section I'll move it.
Quote by Demonikk
Sig quotes can't be raised in captivity as you are trying to do, they must be taken from their natural environment, the vast plains of the pit for them to be truly beautiful

B# and E# exist. IN THEORY.
Prove me otherwise on your guitar.
Quote by weretarantula

don't tell me what sounds good and what doesn't.

That is the point if someone asks for your opinion on the sound of an amp or guitar. We are suppose to answer whether we think it sounds good or not. If I don't think something sounds good, I'll say it doesn''t sound good. I don't see the problem of that.