Hey peoples.
I'm wondering.
What are some good picks for playing metal? ( i like metallica , slipknot , pantera )
I'm using Dunlop 1mm Stubbys but find there grip isn't all that good.
So what are good picks for metal?
Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah . One more thing .
EVERYONE says Dunlop Jazz III are like the best . Are they THAT good?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
try some and work it out for yourself!
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
snarling dogs brain picks.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
I'm a Jazz IIIs fan.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Jazz IIIs are overrated TBH. Definitely NOT the best picks by far for everything. They are still very good though.
Personally i love the Jazz III's because due to their size and the sharp point, it really helps me pick faster and have better control then i can with a normal size pick. They take some getting use to because of their size but it comes quick.

Quote by slipmaggot93
snarling dogs brain picks.

haha , if you are looking for grip then look no further
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Ok . Ill check out Jazz III's.Any good other picks?

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
The things with Jazz III is that they are really small and have a pointy end. It takes a bit to get used to them, and your problem with grip will most likely not be solved. Also, I believe the Jazz IIIs are 1.14mm, but I could be wrong.

Try different sizes of Dunlop Tortex picks. When I don't use Jazz IIIs (personally I like how small they are, other picks now seem like paddles to me ), I use Dunlop .88 Green Tortex picks, because they're a really nice thickness for chugging on the bottom 3 strings, but I like picks to be a bit thin (I used to use .40s lol), so they work out well for me. But it's purely based on personal preference. A lot of guitar shops sell picks separately, just try them out there.
go to elderly instruments website and check out cool picks, they have a terrific grip and are very dense and hard, even the thinner ones
Quote by Horlicks
These are meant to be excellent.

Yeah, Cool Picks are great; really expensive though (about $1 per pick). I prefer the Jazz 205s over the Jazz IIIs, because they are thicker and feel nicer to me.
Alright ill try all of those picks.I have some tortex but I've gone used to small picks.Those cool picks Canadian picks might be VERY HARD to get in Australia..

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
I found standard jazz IIIs to be too small for me, but I liked the thickness and the point, so I got some jazz III XLs and I've never looked back. I've been using the XL stiffos, but I recently ordered some of the red nylon ones and I'm curious to see which I like better.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Dunlop Gator 1.5-2.0 mm perhaps?
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I got a tip which ever pick your really like the size and feel of just take a razor and cut some hatch work in to it, this will really increase your grip, this is what I do.
Quote by Maggot3000
Personally i love the Jazz III's because due to their size and the sharp point, it really helps me pick faster and have better control then i can with a normal size pick. They take some getting use to because of their size but it comes quick.

haha , if you are looking for grip then look no further

Big +1.
I didn't like the feel of the Jazz III's when I started using them about 4 months ago. I went from using a .46 to the Jazz III, which is a HUGE difference. I had the black ones at first, and once I got use to them, which took maybe 3 days or so, I realized that I couldn't keep grip. I switched over to the Ultex Jazz III's and they worked much better. I find scratching them or drilling a small hole through the middle where your finger grips the pick helps much more.

They are overrated though, I will admit that.
I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
somebody was talking about some supposedly incredible picks on here awhile ago...v-picks maybe? found the link - http://www.v-picks.com/

i use jazz III's though
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
personally i use dunlop 0.96mm gator grips and dunlop 1.00mm tortex

but picks are all just preference. just try a bunch out . keep size in mind though. bigger will generally make your tone a bit warmer
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.