Hey guys, been looking at some Strats lately, probably going to get one around Christmas. Question is, which one? I haven't tried any physically yet, but I will soon. I want to get an idea of which to really look into. Here are a few I've been looking at on my own:

Classic Series 50's (In Daphne Blue, of course), I like the looks of this one best.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-50s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510136

Classic Player's 60's (In Sonic Blue), I like this one, but I'd prefer a maple fretboard over a rosewood one like this has. Would it be worth it to get the Classic Series 50's and do a pickup change? Would that bring it up to par with the Classic Players 60's?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-60s-Stratocaster?sku=512767

Deluxe Player's (Sapphire Blue Transparent with Maple Fretboard)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, going to be playing blues (SRV/John Mayer Trio Type Stuff) and classic rock and hard rock. I currently have a Peavey Valveking 112 running through an Epiphone Valve Junior Cab.
Last edited by GNRjungle87 at Nov 12, 2008,
You really want to try a Strat before you buy it. The differences between a Mexican, American Standard, American Series American Deluxe, Classic '60s, actual '60s, SRV, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton etc are actually huge. They all have different feels, due to neck profile etc; and tones, due to pickups etc.
Quote by blue_strat
You really want to try a Strat before you buy it. The differences between a Mexican, American Standard, American Series American Deluxe, Classic '60s, actual '60s, SRV, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton etc are actually huge. They all have different feels, due to neck profile etc; and tones, due to pickups etc.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking to, which is why I'm going to play it before. I've played American Standards, and frankly, I don't like them at all. I prefer the Mexican standard, but I want to go above that, so that's why I picked those 3.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Yeah, that's sort of what I was thinking to, which is why I'm going to play it before. I've played American Standards, and frankly, I don't like them at all. I prefer the Mexican standard, but I want to go above that, so that's why I picked those 3.

And also the same strat models can sound different.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by GNRjungle87

I have a mexican standard and I think it plays great.
Quote by GNRjungle87
... Question is, which one? I haven't tried any ...

Classic Series 50's (In Daphne Blue, of course), I like the looks of this one best.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-50s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510136

Classic Player's 60's (In Sonic Blue), I like this one, but I'd prefer a maple fretboard over a rosewood one like this has. Would it be worth it to get the Classic Series 50's and do a pickup change? Would that bring it up to par with the Classic Players 60's?

Deluxe Player's (Sapphire Blue Transparent with Maple Fretboard)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, going to be playing blues (SRV/John Mayer Trio Type Stuff) and classic rock and hard rock. I currently have a Peavey Valveking 112 running through an Epiphone Valve Junior Cab.
Get either models with the Maple fretboard since you prefer Maple; however, you'll need to audition both for an hour each, at least, over several days, and through a Peavey VK 112, so you can make a truly informed decision.

You'll be happy with either, guaranteed! Good Luck!

try the 50's strat, you won't be dissapointed!
Fender MIJ Blue Flower and Pink Paisley Startocasters,Fender White MIM 50's Strat with Noiseless Pickups,Fender Graffiti Yellow Tom Delonge with EMG-81, Gibson Les Paul Studio lite 91', Agile 3100 Purple Bird, Agile 2000 HSB slim, Agile 2500 white
I own the Classic Player's 60's strat and I honestly couldn't be happier, short of a custom shop strat.

It's a very classy looking guitar, with its aged pickups and knobs (and slightly tinged pickguard), and plays like a dream, mainly due to the neck being very chunky and glossed on the back.

I get a great John Mayer tone out of it through a peavey Classic 30.

EDIT: Clean tone, that is.

I haven't yet been able to nail the JM3 dirty, but I think it's the amp more than anything....
The other thing about buying a guitar is that they never have the one you saw online. That happened to me when I was getting my Strat American Deluxe. I wanted an Ash but they didn't have it.
The thing that I like about mine is that it has the samarium cobalt noiseless pickups and the F-1 switching which reroutes the pickups so they sound more beefy. Actually I never turn it off, without it the sound is too weak and screechy especially in the bridge position. I had to replace the factory strings too, which were a 10 gage I believe and put on a 13. Now I guess it finally sounds more like a Les Paul , but with the Strat treble. I play it through a Blues Junior.
Quote by ikravchik
The other thing about buying a guitar is that they never have the one you saw online. That happened to me when I was getting my Strat American Deluxe. I wanted an Ash but they didn't have it.
The thing that I like about mine is that it has the samarium cobalt noiseless pickups and the F-1 switching which reroutes the pickups so they sound more beefy. Actually I never turn it off, without it the sound is too weak and screechy especially in the bridge position. I had to replace the factory strings too, which were a 10 gage I believe and put on a 13. Now I guess it finally sounds more like a Les Paul , but with the Strat treble. I play it through a Blues Junior.

Well, I could always try out one of them in a different color and just order online through MusiciansFriend or Sweetwater, and if there's a problem with it, I could send it back. Hopefully either SamAsh or Guitar Center will have the exact one I want....
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I'd say try before you buy! I like to shop around online but try them out in the stores....everyone is different. I like the first one

I have to agree with Emily here 1000% Since not everyone likes the same things the best you could do is go try all three of them before even making a decision. The necks feeling, the sound, EVERYTHING is different between them for more that i look at it hehe.

At least you can try before buy =.= I have to rely on reviews >.<
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P