I've been thinking about switching over and playing drums from guitar, I would still play guitar, but divide the amount of time I spend playing with drums.
Is this a good or bad idea?
in4 drummer joke.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Why would expanding your musical horizons be a bad thing?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Yeah. You could record albums and do everything on them that way. And it gives you a better idea of how to interact in a band situation. Although be careful; drummers can spontaneously explode whilst on stage! (5 points for the reference people- it's as old as the hills )
I started on drums and moved on to guitar, I still play drums but no where near as mch, but I'll always be a drummer at heart, it rocks!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Choose one and focus on it.

If you try and do both, you probably won't improve in either.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Yeah. You could record albums and do everything on them that way. And it gives you a better idea of how to interact in a band situation. Although be careful; drummers can spontaneously explode whilst on stage! (5 points for the reference people- it's as old as the hills )

'This is Spinal Tap' methinks
Quote by Gerard_xD
Who walks about without shoes? You're lucky she didn't arrest you.
Quote by pawnshopguitars

tap! tap! tap!

to OP: i'm considering the same thing. I've always been interested in drumming (apparently when i was 5 i wanted to play drums and my mum insisted a violin upon me instead).

I got no experience apart from watching my friend drum when we jam though haha.
Quote by Harvey Birdman
'This is Spinal Tap' methinks

Yes indeedy And if anyone didn't know that, then shame on you Go out and buy the film NOW!

And again I reiterate, TS, you should try out drumming. If you wanted to drum but got made to play violin, it seems like you deserve to get a bit of payback on your mum. And I can't think of a better way than to practice on the instrument that every parent hates into the night
Quote by pawnshopguitars

should probably be careful while gardening aswell
I wouldnt worry about it. I would give yourself a chance. The minute you feel a little burnt out with guitar doesnt mean you need to switch instruments all together....just give yourself some time to get the spark back again....you probably just played to much all at once
Quote by AustinLaiho
I've been thinking about switching over and playing drums from guitar, I would still play guitar, but divide the amount of time I spend playing with drums.
Is this a good or bad idea?

TRAITOR!