Im wanting to put some good pickups into my Epi Les Paul Standard, I want a thick tone and able to put out a fair level of distortion, I do not want ton get actives, and I also want them to be very versitle, with good cleans, no price limit.

Thanks UG
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
I was looking at a dunacn custom custom for the bridge and a 59/alnico II pro for the neck. In UK, that'll come up under £150. If that helps, awesome.
(EDIT: Saving up for a Vintage V100 les paul copy, hence looking for pickup swap as well)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
If you have no price limit, go for Bare Knuckle pickups. They are expensive but they are the best I've come across. Drop Tim Mills (bare knuckle CEO) an e-mail with the kinds of sounds you're looking for and maybe a few bands you'd like to sound like and he'll e-mail you back with a reccomendation.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
id suggest tone zone bridge and humbucker from hell (not what it sounds like) neck. both by dimarzio. or maybe a phat cat p-90 by seymour duncan (its humbucker sized so it drops right into the slot your guitar already has) for the neck or even both if you like p-90 sound. theyre way hotter than youd expect any single coil to be.
I have an Epi LP Standard as well, swapped the pickups for a SH-2 Jazz on the Neck and a JB-4 on the bridge, best decision I've ever made. A biting overdrive/distortion on the bridge and the mellowest cleans on the neck, and don't get me started on soloing on the neck pickup with the tone knob doing its magic. But you could go to manufacturers' sites and check them out, most of them have a sort of test where they recommend pickups for you.

Seymour Duncan (check out the Tone Wizard)
DiMarzio (check out the Pickup Picker at the bottom)
Bare Knuckle

Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Quote by Korzack
I was looking at a dunacn custom custom for the bridge and a 59/alnico II pro for the neck. In UK, that'll come up under £150. If that helps, awesome.
(EDIT: Saving up for a Vintage V100 les paul copy, hence looking for pickup swap as well)

+1 on this recommendation...

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Honestly, you'd be far better off spending your money on a new amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
look into the JB/59 combo or the JB/jazz combo
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
I have the same guitar as you. I put Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Distortion open coil humbuckers in my LP and they sound awesome, so much better than the factory Epi pickups. I noticed the tone sounded a bit better, but what I really noticed was the guitar was a bit louder. I would say go with those pickups, they look great and sound great.