Are these any good? I'm thinking of getting Coldplay's Viva La Vida book just to mess around covering some of their stuff with.

Does it show pretty accurate tabs of each distinguished guitar part on the album?

I'm new to tab books, this is why i ask. I've always used this site

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I've read a couple of tab books before, not really worth it. Most of the times they are not official tabs, in the sense that the band's guitarists didn't write them, they are tabs as good or bad as you can find in tab sites, just put in a book with a "seal of approval". In the end you're gambling on tab quality as much as you do when browsing UG, but this is free .

Just my two cents.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
well, its seems books will have the most accurate tabs.

In one of my guitar world magazines, it had a tab of FOB's Thnks Fr Th Mmrs w/ both guitar parts AND effects used.

i covered it using the tab and the song was an EXACT match.

some of coldplay's songs people don;t have tabbed right

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by Garci
I've read a couple of tab books before, not really worth it. Most of the times they are not official tabs, in the sense that the band's guitarists didn't write them, they are tabs as good or bad as you can find in tab sites, just put in a book with a "seal of approval". In the end you're gambling on tab quality as much as you do when browsing UG, but this is free .

Just my two cents.

got it. hmmm

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
i bought a few tab books before and they werent great,as garci said if their not the offical ones then usually theyre a bit s***
I bought all the chili peppers tab books from BSSM to Stadium Arcadium and I love them. I can literally play all of their songs now and it has gotten my playing a lot better.
However, if you dont like all the songs on the album or its not one of your favorite bands, I dont think its really worth it. Ive also got the Guitar Hero tab book. its a really good one to get b/c its got such a good mix of songs
Quote by johnny blue
i bought a few tab books before and they werent great,as garci said if their not the offical ones then usually theyre a bit s***

what makes them the "official" ones?

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
If they have the sheet music in them too it helps more than just the tab, because not everything is in power tab or guitar pro.
well, i was looking at the Hal Leonard ones. They seem to be reviewed very well.

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
usually there endorsed by the band if their official and the bands guitarist(s) help to create the tab book ensuring that its correct