Page 1 of 2
I was just watching the news and a press conference was on with a few doctors (I'm in Germany) and it seems that they had a patient who had HIV and Leukemia. They transplanted some bone marrow (is this the correct term) with some stem cells where the DNA had some kind of mutation which provides immunity to HIV. This procedure was done around 2 years ago and the patient shows no signs of HIV since. Anyone heard of this?

I'll try to find a source. It'll be all over the news here by this evening.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
thats great, now i can prove to my idiot conspiracy freak friend that the government did not create it
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Fuzzbox91
thats great, now i can prove to my idiot conspiracy freak friend that the government did not create it

Yep, it all started with a monkey.
there is no chance in hell that they cured aids. What are we gonna do now when some noob comes in with a medical question...tell him that he has a cold?
If that's true, than that's pretty damn amazing.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
I read it in my local newspaper the other day, sounds great, hopefully it's not a fluke.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
That's pretty amazing. If it's true, I'm impressed.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Need more conclusive proof.

It may have been a chance occurance in this patient but it doesnt mean that a bone marrow transplant will work for everyone. We need an all encompasing broad treatment that works with everyone. Not flukes.

Flukes make the baby jesus cry.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Hey, all you Bible bashers who oppose stem cell research! Feel like idiots yet?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by Guitardude19

It may have been a chance occurance in this patient but it doesnt mean that a bone marrow transplant will work for everyone. We need an all encompasing broad treatment that works with everyone. Not flukes.

Probably. Remember when they tried putting the rabies patients in comas when it was a fluke?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Guitardude19

I bet making love to baby Jesus would cure AIDs.
take all your cash, concentrate it, and inject it into your bloodstream!
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
That's amazing if it's true.

Now hopefully we won't have Jesus freaks trying to stop it because of all the stem cells being lives and stuff.
Quote by HuckIt
I was just watching the news and a press conference was on with a few doctors (I'm in Germany) and it seems that they had a patient who had HIV and Leukemia. They transplanted some bone marrow (is this the correct term) with some stem cells where the DNA had some kind of mutation which provides immunity to HIV. This procedure was done around 2 years ago and the patient shows no signs of HIV since. Anyone heard of this?

I'll try to find a source. It'll be all over the news here by this evening.

I'd be interested to read the source of this when you find it. However i think this is more due to chance than anything else.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by freedoms_stain
I bet making love to baby Jesus would cure AIDs.

... Is that a dark joke?

Lol reminds me of how some people think having sex with a virgin baby will cure AIDS.
Quote by guitarkid2113
That's amazing if it's true.

Now hopefully we won't have Jesus freaks trying to stop it because of all the stem cells being lives and stuff.

Tis a good thing that Obama wants to make stem cell research legal in the US again!
Quote by saphrax
Tis a good thing that Obama wants to make stem cell research legal in the US again!
Stem Cell Research is legal, Bush just placed retarded restraints on it.
Quote by damn-right!
There'll be f*cking in the streets
come to my neighborhood, Liz. we do that now.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Stem Cell Research is legal, Bush just placed retarded restraints on it.

Thats what happens when retards are elected into office.

Especially a retard who said "Evolution? The jury is still out."

GAH!!

Im so glad he is gone.
Quote by saphrax

Hooray for Obama!

Where's the source mayne?!
Blasphemy!!! The Lord Hath Forbiden It!!!
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by guitarkid2113
Hooray for Obama!

Where's the source mayne?!
It's a part of the Bush executive orders he'll be reversing when he gets in office.
Quote by redhotsexmagic
take all your cash, concentrate it, and inject it into your bloodstream!

That's what Magic Johnson did.
In the article it says that the donor had natural mutations that made him immune to HIV.

So maybe they just clone those cells to there's a huge bank of those cells and whenever someone has HIV, maybe they do the transplant?
im christian and i personally think that not researching stem cells is possibly the dumbest thing we could do, especially since there are other ways to get stem cells then abortions and even if that was the only way abortion is legal (i dont agree with it but it is) so we might as well get some good out of it.

and if they cure HIV it will be a glorious day for everybody who may have gotten some of that strange puss on a drunken night
>_>
<_<
The "cure" was bone marrow transplants from a donor with an immunity to HIV. Good luck finding a continuous supply of that.
Quote by EnemyWolf
The "cure" was bone marrow transplants from a donor with an immunity to HIV. Good luck finding a continuous supply of that.

It's actually found in more than one patient. If you read further, there are people with natural mutations in the CCR5 molecule which prevents the HIV from getting into the cells.

And even if it was one person, it's possible to make it in a lab. They grew a liver in a lab (I believe?).
Quote by Mad Marius
Hey, all you Bible bashers who oppose stem cell research! Feel like idiots yet?

I agree, but its bible humpers Anything that involves progress the religious always have to come into it and fuck it up somehow.
I thought the cure was to rape a white woman?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by guitarkid2113
It's actually found in more than one patient. If you read further, there are people with natural mutations in the CCR5 molecule which prevents the HIV from getting into the cells.

And even if it was one person, it's possible to make it in a lab. They grew a liver in a lab (I believe?).

If they can grow a mouse with a human ear on it's back, they can grow anything.
Quote by saphrax
If they can grow a mouse with a human ear on it's back, they can grow anything.

source for that? I really want to see that....it sounds cool.
Say again
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by Eric 666
source for that? I really want to see that....it sounds cool.

It's probably on google. I saw a video of it in Year 11 (No, not south park).
They grow pigs with human livers/hearts/kidneys/etc. It's pretty impressive.
Page 1 of 2