I've had this Jackson Dk2m with a licensed Floyd for a couple of months.
after a fair bit of tremolo silliness i've noticed a tuning problem, if i pluck a string, leave it ringing, then bend another string the first note dips fairly substantially, and a look at the bridge from the side I see it is dipping when i bend notes.
so is this normal? or is it worth a service with my warranty in hand?
i hope it is fixable 'cus bending perfectly is a bitch on it.
it os completely normal cause as you bend he string you are pulling the bridge up so the other stings will loose tension and drop in its tunning, what you can do is yu can add another spring to your floyd rose, this will make the bridge more stiff and harder to bend, it will still pull up the bridge slitely but not as much
Quote by Niko12
it os completely normal cause as you bend he string you are pulling the bridge up so the other stings will loose tension and drop in its tunning, what you can do is yu can add another spring to your floyd rose, this will make the bridge more stiff and harder to bend, it will still pull up the bridge slitely but not as much

^dont add a spring, doesnt help with floyds because the spring tension always has to equal that of the strings anyway, only works with non-recessed trems.

not many ways to avoid this TS, but you could install a tremsetter which i think is designed to reduce this, worth checking out.

alternatively you could install a tremol-no and whenever you know you're going to be playing something with double stop bends (the only technique that is effected by the other strings going slightly out of tune) lock of your bridge with the tremol-no.
Or just apply pressure onto the bridge where your palm rests to counteract the drop in pitch, which is what I do.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
k thanks, i just wondered if it was a fault in it, still i'll just have to learn to bend better
^If you think about the basic mechanical concept of the Floyd Rose you'll realize why it's inevitable. Unless you get a Tremsetter (as made by Hipshot) or learn that palming trick...
i really dont have that much of a problem at all on my jackson. it does it a little bit but to make one string's bend affect the other strings i have to actually pull the string off the body.