Are there cheap 7 string guitars out there? if so, could anyone give me a few names to go and read reviews for? I've been playing for five years now and have two guitars that are getting on a bit now. One of which I play in very low tuning and it has been suggested to me to just get a seven string instead of tuning so low.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Schecter Omen 7 is fairly cheap.
As well, Washburn makes a cheap 7 string, but lacks quality.
There is a thread, but i can draw a blind eye. Look at ibanez RG7321, low end shecter C-7 models, LTD SC207 or a Washburn WG587 if your tight for money. There are different advantages with playing a 7 and just purely tuning low, you have to see what's right for you, try before you buy.
Also Agile, but trying before buying is pretty hard on that one.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Also Agile

He's in the UK, just about his only options are the RG7321, SC207 or a used Washburn.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ Agile ships to the UK

and there is a hell of a lot of stuff you can get 2nd in the UK

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
^ Agile ships to the UK

Yeah but by the time you've bought one of their 7s, paid import charges and shipping you might as well just buy an Ibanez.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Trey Spruance
Are there cheap 7 string guitars out there? if so, could anyone give me a few names to go and read reviews for? I've been playing for five years now and have two guitars that are getting on a bit now. One of which I play in very low tuning and it has been suggested to me to just get a seven string instead of tuning so low.

How cheap? Anyway, I say this to all people looking to get a cheap to mid-range guitar- avoid tremolos. If you buy a cheap guitar with a tremolo, the trem on it will prove to be the bane of your entire existence. Go for a solid bridge of some sort in your price range, and you will have jumped the biggest potential pitfall already. Beyond that- I've heard good things about Schecters, and the cheap (hardtail!!) 7-string Ibanez RGs. Look around.
Having a WG587, I can say you need to look around for a good one. There's a lot of lemons to be had, but the good ones play fairly well. Same as any other cheap guitar really.
I like tremelos but I can live without them as I have so far. To elobarate on why I want a seven string - I like to shred as well as play low-end riffs. I find it really difficult to shred with heavy gauge strings required for low tunings so I use another guitar in standard with 10s. Why not combine the two and get a seven string me thinks?

My price range is uber cheap. About £400 probably. I'm unemployed at the moment and have very little cash to burn.
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
Quote by Trey Spruance
I like tremelos but I can live without them as I have so far. To elobarate on why I want a seven string - I like to shred as well as play low-end riffs. I find it really difficult to shred with heavy gauge strings required for low tunings so I use another guitar in standard with 10s. Why not combine the two and get a seven string me thinks?

My price range is uber cheap. About £400 probably. I'm unemployed at the moment and have very little cash to burn.

I posted a link to www.thomann.de up there They have a great selection of reasonably priced 7-strings, don't go for that Harley Benton though
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by Martin Scott
How cheap? Anyway, I say this to all people looking to get a cheap to mid-range guitar- avoid tremolos. If you buy a cheap guitar with a tremolo, the trem on it will prove to be the bane of your entire existence. Go for a solid bridge of some sort in your price range, and you will have jumped the biggest potential pitfall already. Beyond that- I've heard good things about Schecters, and the cheap (hardtail!!) 7-string Ibanez RGs. Look around.

QFT
unless the guitar in question is Ibanez s series those have kickass trems
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Trey Spruance

I would say RG7321 is your best bet then.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by SquierLolz
QFT
unless the guitar in question is Ibanez s series those have kickass trems

Yes my good sir.

I was in my local guitar shop on saturday and i went to try caparisons but almost playing an S Series 7 String

I already have an S Series!!!!!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Trey Spruance

Steal £20 (or buy 2nd hand)
S7320
???
PROFIT!

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976