I just recently got back into guitar after a 10+ year hiatus. I bought a Schecter Omen 6 to get back up to speed. I was very impressed, it feels like it is more guitar then the money ($300). However I'm looking to upgrade my guitar in the near future, I don't want to spend a ton, trying to stay under $1K.

The Omen 6 made me a Schecter fan and Opeth has made me a PRS fan. I'm debating between the C1 Hellraiser and the PRS SE Paul Allender. I'm leaning towards the Hellraiser as it seems to have more bells and whistles (EMG's, coil tap, etc..). They are similarly priced which makes the decision more difficult. Which one do I get?
I have a cheap Crate Amp, looking to upgrade to a Line 6 in a few months
Id say schecter just cuz I love schecters too

and it should prolly go in the guitar gear and accessories forum
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
I'd say Schecter too. PRSes for the price range above your current one, but for <$1000 go Schecter.
You might be able to get a used PRS for under 1000, but that would be pretty rare. The Schecter is your safest bet.
Just abit of advice, Line-6 Spiders are more for practice amps for beginners.

If you are moving up and getting higher quality equipment, depending on your type of music I would go for a few different things.
I've heard good things about Krank amps, and since you said you like Opeth I think this would help you get that tone too.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by WH15P3R
Just abit of advice, Line-6 Spiders are more for practice amps for beginners.

If you are moving up and getting higher quality equipment, depending on your type of music I would go for a few different things.
I've heard good things about Krank amps, and since you said you like Opeth I think this would help you get that tone too.

This. Line 6 is not "upgrading"
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Yea definately go with the Schecter it's a nice guitar, but he line 6 is not a good idea when i was gigging back in the summer our lead player used a line 6 and it was crap. Maybe somebody else has had good memories with a line 6 though.