on ordering a guitar?

i really want a spalted maple telecaster...

my local shop could get it in, probably around 600 quid where rrp is 649 GBP
but ive seen it going for about £520

what websites do people recommend in the uk? i was gonna look at gak but they dont have it for some reason... =(
try dolphin music/dawsons. Theyre both pretty expansive but whether you're in luck or not...well wait and see.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

how annoying

dawsons doesnt have it, and dolphin has the flamed maple top in cherry burst for under 400 quid, but not spalted

i still wanted spalted though =]

trusted websites anyone?

EDIT: soundslive.co.uk and guitarandampshop.co.uk (M B Music limited in sussex)
has anyone used these, coz they have the guitar for 520 quid?
Last edited by lozlovesstrats at Nov 12, 2008,
I havent used either, but i've used 3 different ones, and everything's been ok for me...
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

id love to try it, but its not exactly the most common guitar...

anyone near me got one? milton keynes England lol

yeah the flame maple ones are the same

it seems to have fairly similar stats to my worn out pacifica, so i figure it should be ok...
that sounds quite expensive for it... i tried one a while back and i could have sworn it was more like £400 (could be wrong, though, it is a while since i tried it, or maybe the price went up since then).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?