Page 1 of 3
with a harsh breakup and schoolwork piling on, amongst other things, i'm think i'm starting to lose it. i couldn't sleep last night and had a panic attack at 5:30 this morning in the lobby of my dorm.

has this happened to anyone? i've been laying on my floor for almost two hours now. i called the school counselor but they have to arrange an appointment and i don't kno w how long it will before they can meet with me. even then it';s only going to be an initial meeting and they're going to refer me to someone else for a later date. what do i do? has anything like this happened to you? i just feel like the entire world imploded. i've always been an anxious person but nothing like this has happened to me. can clinical depression or anxiety disorder be latent and not show up until you're almost 20?

the only reason i ask UG is because i'm afraid to talk to my friends about it. i don't want them to think i'm crazy. i think i might be.
#DTWD
Sort out the school work. If you've got deadlines coming up, getting stressed about them wont help you at all.
I know how you feel. When I get REALLY stressed which has really only happened once I had a severe panic attack which had me out of commission for days. And I was probably less stressed than you sound right now.
Get an acoustic. Go to the nearest park. Sit under a tree. Play.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I'm obese, never had a girlfriend, never had a job, dropped out of school, and don't exactly know what I wanna do in the future.

I usually can't sleep until I stay up so long that my vision starts blurring.

Hopefully things are brightening up next year though, it's currently 3:48AM for me but I'm going to some music education place at 12 noon to see what it's like. I might end up being a producer or something
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Get an acoustic. Go to the nearest park. Sit under a tree. Play.

Don't, it will officially make you a penis.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
A lot of mental disorders do not develop until later in life. You seem to have the right idea about this by getting professional help though. Good luck with it either way.
Honestly...

Take some of the assignments/labs/essays/whatever... and say "**** it" to a few of them...

Sure, you'll pay for it... but it'll make you feel a lot better to just get rid of them.
When I feel anxious, I try to do something that takes your mind off things like watching tv, listening to music, playing guitar, etc. Hanging out with friends is good too.

don't drink anything with caffeine cause that always worsened it for me.
Take a time out, everyone gets stressed when shit starts to pile up. Tomorrows another day my man
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
i popped my e string last night so guitar's a no go. and i tried listening to music but for some reason it's just agitating me. up until now it's always been a release but now it's being a burden. i'm still just kind of laying here in silence.

thank you for being receptive guys. i really, really appreciate it. the pit CAN be a nice place sometimmes.
#DTWD
Ive had several nervous break downs and I got over them through therapy and just taking time out from whatever was making me so stressed that Id go out of my mind.

I never took any medication except the few months I was on anti depressants. They didnt work. Seeing a counsellor may or may not help but reducing stress and finding some alone time to relax is important. You might find just sitting down in a quite room and breathing slowly for 15 minutes can bring you back into a calm centre.

Everyone is different but try and find ways to calm down. For sleepless nights you need to find the cause of the stress and find ways to resolve it. Also, try and become calm before you sleep and it can reduce sleepless nights and panic attacks.

I hope this advice helps
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
concentrate on the school work...that will distract you until you've finished it...then you can take care of other problems.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
i think i might actually just be mentally unstable. there were inklings of it before the breakup and i think they led to the breakup as i was making my girlfriend uncomfortable and made her feel trapped. she's the only person i've talked to about it other than my teachers telling them i can't make it to class today just because i think she's only the person on my same plane of thought who knows where i'm coming from. i'm just so afraid of the implications. who wants to be around a mentally unstable person? i know i'm jumping to conclusions but i'm just utterly frightened.
#DTWD
Find someone to talk to. I always find things in my head that bother me, when said out loud i realise how stupid i am being.
Today I'm going to a cardiologist to check my heart since I've been feeling chest pain after having about 2 panic attacks this week. Hopefully I can get this fixed. I haven't slept well since the week started and my eating habits are a little messy.

Good luck. Find some help.
Quote by Bendybaws
Take a time out, everyone gets stressed when shit starts to pile up. Tomorrows another day my man

Sounds good, always helps to try just relaxing and not caring for a little while.
Quote by Robert Judkins
At least you have friends.

+1 talk to ur friends get help from them
DECRESCENDO
I have no advice, but I hope you get better.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I broke my door, I smashed a hole in it the size of a water melon, I don't handle things well, I smash things.
Now the doors gonna cost 100 bucks cuz it's the landlords, but it seems like a cheap 20 door.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Don't, it will officially make you a penis.

And girls love Penises !!!!

badumtsh !!!

Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Last edited by X-Boy at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by primusfan
with a harsh breakup and schoolwork piling on, amongst other things, i'm think i'm starting to lose it. i couldn't sleep last night and had a panic attack at 5:30 this morning in the lobby of my dorm.

has this happened to anyone? i've been laying on my floor for almost two hours now. i called the school counselor but they have to arrange an appointment and i don't kno w how long it will before they can meet with me. even then it';s only going to be an initial meeting and they're going to refer me to someone else for a later date. what do i do? has anything like this happened to you? i just feel like the entire world imploded. i've always been an anxious person but nothing like this has happened to me. can clinical depression or anxiety disorder be latent and not show up until you're almost 20?

the only reason i ask UG is because i'm afraid to talk to my friends about it. i don't want them to think i'm crazy. i think i might be.

I'm sorry, a break up and anxiety isn't really worth seeing a counselor, and I very much doubt you have clinical depression.

Anxiety problems are common to 15-20 year olds, and if panic attacks continue, there are a bunch of techniques to help you deal with it. That's worth seeing a counselor for. If anxiety takes over simple parts of your life, that's worth seeing a counselor for, but not if it's just pilling up all too suddenly. Give it some time, don't give in without a fight.

Trust me, handling scenarios like these well are actually good for you as a person in the long run if you can do it yourself.
Quote by primusfan
i think i might actually just be mentally unstable. there were inklings of it before the breakup and i think they led to the breakup as i was making my girlfriend uncomfortable and made her feel trapped. she's the only person i've talked to about it other than my teachers telling them i can't make it to class today just because i think she's only the person on my same plane of thought who knows where i'm coming from. i'm just so afraid of the implications. who wants to be around a mentally unstable person? i know i'm jumping to conclusions but i'm just utterly frightened.

Dude, you are not mentally unstable. At least you do not know that and it is highly unlikely that you are.

Stress manifests in physical symptoms and mental symptoms. If you break down it is not because you were mentally unstable. You became destablised due to stress. You can counter it by finding a calming influence.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
Ive had several nervous break downs and I got over them through therapy and just taking time out from whatever was making me so stressed that Id go out of my mind.

I never took any medication except the few months I was on anti depressants. They didnt work. Seeing a counsellor may or may not help but reducing stress and finding some alone time to relax is important. You might find just sitting down in a quite room and breathing slowly for 15 minutes can bring you back into a calm centre.

Everyone is different but try and find ways to calm down. For sleepless nights you need to find the cause of the stress and find ways to resolve it. Also, try and become calm before you sleep and it can reduce sleepless nights and panic attacks.

I hope this advice helps

This is also fantastic advice.

People handle anxiety in different ways, find out what's best for you and it can help you prevent panic attacks and help reduce your anxiety as a whole
Get help from your friends, they can always support you. Talk to them, explain them what's going on.
Quote by primusfan
has this happened to anyone? [...] can clinical depression or anxiety disorder be latent and not show up until you're almost 20?
Yes. I had much the same shit happen in my first year. See your doctor. You'll be sorted soon enough. Put your health before your work and social life. It'll be fine though
Honestly man, I dont know how else to tell you this...but you need to take a chill pill/calm down/take a breather.

Take the bitch and tell her to **** off and move on with your life, because honestly man, life moves on, so do you, or you're gonna get left behind and the things that are really important in life are gonna be neglected. You most likely have a job, you have school, you have friends to take care of you, so don't be afraid to talk to them, if you have a therapist, please go and talk to him, its the best decision I ever made in my personal life. About the friends thing, again, dont be afraid to talk to them, just ask them if they'll listen. If they're really your friends at least they will listen and maybe they'll provide some good advice or at least help you in your time of need.

Good luck man, meanwhile, try to focus on your school work, breathe and channel all the agression and anguish into your school work, basically fight the problems on the paper as if you were talking to your now ex girlfriend, take every argument and put it into a problem on paper and solve it, if you can't then leave it at that. I'd rather have poor grades and try rather than not try at all and wallow in my self pity.

Also listen to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEG413qVY2I

it should give you a lot to believe in, besides...life is a party if you make it, if a girl left you, you either need to improve something, or she's stupid and left you for a Hollister dude.
Quote by primusfan

It's alright man, talk to your friends if you can trust them not to rat you out to anyone or anything.

Otherwise talk to a counselor and take their advice. It really helped me a lot but you've really gotta take their advice. I didn't and now I'm regretting it, I know I'd feel much happier if I did.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Greenie_777
Find someone to talk to. I always find things in my head that bother me, when said out loud i realise how stupid i am being.

Me too.

I'm in college and not doing well in Bio, which is important cuz i want to go to medical school. If i let it creep up on me, i just about burst into tears sometimes. But whenever i tell some body they say A.) It's one freshman class, or B.) Just do your best, it's not the end of the world. So, i guess, just try to work on it. If you can't, try reading a good book or something. And Exercise always helps relieve stress for me.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by Guitardude19
Dude, you are not mentally unstable. At least you do not know that and it is highly unlikely that you are.

Stress manifests in physical symptoms and mental symptoms. If you break down it is not because you were mentally unstable. You became destablised due to stress. You can counter it by finding a calming influence.

I'm going to back this up.

Some people are naturally more anxious. I have heightened sense of anxiety which I will always have. If I have something to be anxious or unsettled about, I get worse than other people. Other than that, I'm absolutely fine. Some people are naturally more anxious, but that does not make them unstable.

One of the nastiest things about anxiety is it sometimes appears to have no cause. Every time you have a panic attack, there is a cause, whether you realise it or not. It's about calming down, just make yourself as calm as possible. Try to remain comfortable, this may include talking to friends about something irrelevant. Just take things down a step, don't worry so much.

Dive into conversation with friends and joke. Watch a DVD or listen to music. Or write. Or do homework. Anything productive or escapist or irrelevant can help out.

What you're feeling is not uncommon
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by Demonology
I'm obese, never had a girlfriend, never had a job, dropped out of school, and don't exactly know what I wanna do in the future.

I usually can't sleep until I stay up so long that my vision starts blurring.

Hopefully things are brightening up next year though, it's currently 3:48AM for me but I'm going to some music education place at 12 noon to see what it's like. I might end up being a producer or something

Read what I say all the way through before calling me a dickhead

I'm incredibly skinny (<60KG's, 6'1"), had enough girlfriends, had 3 jobs (currently teaching guitar), finished/passed year 12, and have a music course i'm doing next year.

And yet i'm still exactly the same. I have incredibly bad anxiety and depression and see a shrink quite often. It's 3.34am and i'm feeling... slightly tired... but that'll go away soon most probably.

_______

TS, I have attacks like that when things get really bad. I've never had one that's lasted 2 hours though, normally I (this is going to shound kinda weird but) curl up in a ball with a bottle of scotch and listen to songs that will make me cry and I get it all out. I know that sounds like shitty advice, but we all handle it differently. Seeing a shrink is the best idea you've got, HOWEVER, I almost advise going to the doctor immediately just so he can give you something for you it now.

Good luck man,
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Yeah dude panic attacks suck. Going to a counseler isnt a bad idea if your the kind of person that likes to talk about it. You probably just feel like shit because of the break up too...

And dont worry too much about being mentally unstable... whenever i start to question my sanity i just remind myself that if i was insane i wouldnt be questioning my sanity
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Auals
TS, I have attacks like that when things get really bad. I've never had one that's lasted 2 hours though

My first one lasted about two or three. Now I can prevent them all together.
Don't worry Dave. The Jags will get their shit together in the 2nd half and all will be right in your world once again.

And no you're not nuts. Sometimes shit just pile up in the right order and at the right time conspiring to make you think you're going nuts.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Guitarist132
And dont worry too much about being mentally unstable... whenever i start to question my sanity i just remind myself that if i was insane i wouldnt be questioning my sanity

yeah, i'd considered that. but i've been on the brink for two weeks now and kept acting strangely and not admitting i had a problem. my ex said i was acting crazy and i had no idea what she was talking about. and then i kind of stepped beside myself and realized all the stuff i said and i was like "oh **** ... i am crazy"

but crazy people don't know they're crazy. i think i might be, so i'm not. but there was a good month almost where i was acting in a bizarre manner and not acknowledging it or even noticing.
#DTWD
Quote by Jackal58
Don't worry Dave. The Jags will get their shit together in the 2nd half and all will be right in your world once again.

that was the first time i've smiled. thank you for the laugh.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
yeah, i'd considered that. but i've been on the brink for two weeks now and kept acting strangely and not admitting i had a problem. my ex said i was acting crazy and i had no idea what she was talking about. and then i kind of stepped beside myself and realized all the stuff i said and i was like "oh **** ... i am crazy"

but crazy people don't know they're crazy. i think i might be, so i'm not. but there was a good month almost where i was acting in a bizarre manner and not acknowledging it or even noticing.

Hey hey...crazy people have interesting conversations with themselves. Would you rather talk with your girlfriend about High school Musical 3 or talk to yourself about how to push back the Nazi Germans over the Rhine?
Quote by primusfan
that was the first time i've smiled. thank you for the laugh.

You're welcome.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 3